mctrexler
Suddenly the last few days with 8.0.1.2. which I just updated to I'm getting the message "Brain.exe has moved - the shortcut will not work."  Last time I resolved by reinstalling 8.0.1.2. which created new shortcuts.  But now after a reboot they're not working.  Seems silly to reinstall every time I need to start the program anew, but I can't figure out how to start the program from the .exe file itself (assuming I'm clicking on the right one).  

Ideas?

Windows 7, 8.0.1.2. , Java 65
mctrexler
FYI - there is no brain.exe in the main "TheBrain8" directory.  Just the executable jar files." 
mctrexler
OK, Andre pointed me to fact that Webroot security seems to have decided to attack the brain.exe file as a threat.  Must have been something in the 8.0.1.2. install that upset Webroot, but they're supposedly fixing it.  Going in and removing the file from quarantine worked.

You may un-quarantine and restore the file that was quarantined by the Webroot SecureAnywhere software if you have not already done so. To restore the file:

1. Open on the cog icon next to PC Security.
2. Click the Quarantine tab.
3. Click the check box next to the filename, then click Restore.

Now that this change is in effect, we request that you run another scan of your computer (click "Scan My Computer" on the main overview window). If the same detection occurs, please let us know immediately.

pthompson
Mark,

Yes, as you have mentioned Webroot has changed something in their security definitions that quarantines TheBrain. We have reported this to them and they have informed us that they are fixing this on their end, but it might help get it fixed more quickly if others reported it as a problem as well. Their support page is available HERE.
mctrexler
Done

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software