jrwelch99
I'm currently running 2 installations of PB, one on my work laptop running windows XP, and another on my home Mac.  I use a single brain for all my contexts.  Currently, at the end of the week, I create a brainzip onto USB, port it to my mac (overwriting the copy of the brain there) then do the reverse at the end of the weekend.  I would like to just keep the brain files on my USB and work directly from there on both computers.  Is there anything special I need to know or configure in the software?  Thanks in advance
SamCox
With PersonalBrain (PB) installed on two HDDs of two different Windows computers, I kept my brain files on a USB Flash drive just as you described. I didn't alter the program or brain file configurations in any way; I just pointed PB at the brains.

I found that performance on a USB Flash drive was kind of slow because, well, the Flash drives I had were themselves kind of slow. Performance improved when I switched to a portable USB HDD.

With the Flash drive, I was also worried that the limited write cycle of Flash memory would be stressed by PB. I did, in fact, have a Flash drive that became unreliable.

If you go this route, I recommend frequent brainzip backups to a HDD.

Hope this helps,
-- Sam

jester1966de
Has anyone tried to use a service like Dropbox for PB?
SamCox
See Post #8 in this thread.

http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3016769

A forum search for "Dropbox" (no quotes) returns several threads on the subject.

-- Sam

zenrain
There's also a page on this in the Google Personal Brain Users Group.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
jester1966de
SamCox wrote:
See Post #8 in this thread.

http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=3016769

A forum search for "Dropbox" (no quotes) returns several threads on the subject.

-- Sam

Thanks, I should have thought of the search function first. Sorry!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software