gmalone
Without support for mobile devices, the beloved PersonalBrain will quickly lose its usability in today's multi-device, cloud-based world.

As for me, I've had to make the hard decision to start looking for an alternative application.   I haven't switched yet, but if I find an adequate app for my i-Devices, I'll make the switch reluctantly.

A side comment...

One thing that PB suffers from as much as Google and a number of other organizations is the failure to respond to its users in its forums.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see any PB staff answering the burning question of whether there's any intention to take PB mobile.   The WebBrain is clearly not the answer... featureless, and just a viewer.

So long, Brain.   Maybe if I hear you've gone mobile I'll come back and take another look.
mbaas
Hi gmalone, you must have missed something. TheBrain's staff are quite responsive and especially the topic of going mobile had been raised several times, there are feature-requests and an iphone-app is currently under development.

gmalone
I am happy to be corrected.   I guess I've missed the announcement about an iOS version of PB being in development.  I hope it's not just iPhone, but also iPad.

Many thanks for the info.
jbennett
Greg-

Thanks for posting.   We are continuing to develop and envolve our application and hope to accommodate requests for mobile features in  a future build.  However, the release dates for any specific products have not been determined at this point in time.

Currently, our best solution for viewing the Brain from your mobile device is WebBrain.  

If you are interested, you are welcome to sign up for our newsletter (http://www.thebrain.com/misc/newsletter), as we typically make announcements regarding product updates and feature enhancements there.

-James

cloidl
I glad to hear there is n iPhone/iPad application n the works, but what about us Windows Phone users or even Androids, any hope in sight there?
wordmuse
I am also a user of the droid platform - both phone and tablet. Hope PB makes it there, too. 

I would recommend that you folks take a look at Thinking Space Pro for how a reasonable (not perfect, but reasonable) interface and navigation activation can work in a mindmap app. I have it on both my phone and tablet machines. It works better in the tablet environment, but even on my phone, it's serviceable.

- Bal

Ervinn
Quote:
As for me, I've had to make the hard decision to start looking for an alternative application.   I haven't switched yet, but if I find an adequate app for my i-Devices, I'll make the switch reluctantly.

gmalone, I don't want you to switch, but you may want to try EverNote (http://www.evernote.com/).  I am using both. 
EverNote is great for Notes that you want to be able to reach anywhere in the World, through the Internet. It has down grade version (Sometime read only, or append capability) for most of the phones and tablets.

Even with the phone support, don't expect to be able to do the same thing on the devices.
wordmuse
I also use Evernote. It overlaps PB in some ways, and it is very powerful on my Galaxy Tab and even on my droid phone.  I still want PB to be in the mobile cloud, but it is possible to link from PB to Evernote or from Evernote to PB, as both programs give you item-level URLs.

- Bal

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software