artcanadianstyle
Since I have imported my file from Brain8 into Brain9 it has not been able to sync even with a subscription.  I have read that Brain9 is not syncing with webbrain and IOS.  I see that web brain is still syncing with Brain 8.  What happens when Brain 9 is no longer in Beta? Will the non syncing Brain9 files not work anymore?  Will the beta not function?

I also noticed that all of my attachments and urls have disappeared when I imported.  That is a lot of urls to reenter...
Harlan
If you are having trouble syncing, please contact support@thebrain.com and tell them what is going wrong. If necessary, someone can help you one-on-one to get everything working.

TheBrain 9 supports local data as well as synced data. It is no different than TheBrain 8 in this respect. Nothing will happen to your local when the beta is over. The beta software will expire and stop working, but by that point a new version will be available that will take over.

TheBrain 8 uses a server that only talks to TheBrain 8. TheBrain 9 uses a different server that only talks to TheBrain 9. Like TheBrain 8' server, TheBrain 9's server also has a web client (which you can access via http://preview.webbrain.com) as well as mobile clients for iOS and Android. TheBrain 9's mobile clients are significantly more powerful, offering local data storage, just like the Windows and macOS clients, however they are not yet publicly available.
Regards,
-Harlan
danlandrum
Perhaps something is wrong with the server, http://preview.webbrain.com/. It is returning an error.

thebraincloudfrontendtest1.azurewebsites.net says:

the server returned error 500

OSX 10.13 
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5
32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
mcaton
Preview.webbrain.com (v9's server) is undergoing active development, so it may go down temporarily from time to time.  Currently, it seems to be up and running fine.

Diane, if your sync problems persist - please let us know.  Also, we're happy to take a closer look at what happened to your attachments and URLs after import.  Would you be willing to share a copy of the original v8 Brainzip for us to test/review?

Thank you,
Matt
artcanadianstyle
My error is “sync failed: Unexpected error in MergeSyncs”
I have tried deleting the local brain and reimporting.  The problems remains.  It imports fine, but still won’t sync.

mcaton
It's possible that this may be a leftover issue from trying to sync on an older version.  Have you ever successfully synced this Brain?  If not:

Close the Brain tab.
In your Brain list, right click on the thumbnail of the Brain you are trying to sync.  
Select the option for Assign Brain New GUID...
Open when new GUID is assigned and try to sync again.

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software