bmac
I am having random bouts with the brain opening and then freezing. Sometimes the brain eventually wakes up but other times when I am impatient I have to kill the process with task manager. This happens on opening the brain for the first time or switching brains. Are others having this issue?
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5
pthompson
Bill,

Freezing issues have certainly been discussed on the forums before. There is a large post on discussing this HERE and a related discussion started HERE. The general consensus from our engineers is that there is currently not much we can do about freezing issues aside from recommending to make sure you are running the latest  (and only the latest) version of Java and TheBrain. The issue is affecting a somewhat small number of users and does not seem to hold any pattern in its showing up. It would also be VERY helpful for us to review an output.log file to further review this issue. If this is something that is happening frequently, run TheBrain as an administrator and after a crash (freeze, problem, whatever) send us (support@thebrain.com) a copy of the Output.log file located in the directory where TheBrain was installed. Also, you can send a .brainzip of the Brain in question (as long as you are comfortable with sharing) to us and we'll see if we can replicate this issue in house.
bmac
Thanks Patrick. I certainly will do that. I have so much stored in all of my brains I get very uncomfortable when these friezes occur wondering if there is also data corruption occurring.

Will items like this only be captured in the output log if the brain has only been run as an administrator? So normal startup in the morning will not capture errors like this?
Bill
customized Desktop PC (Haswell i7 4770 3.4 gHz with 32 GB RAM), Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, 256 GB SSD,  and a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, Windows 10, 512 GB SSD, 16 GB ram, i5

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software