schulze
As the license terms allow the Brain to be used on two machines (like in my notebook / workstation setting) it would be nice to have a "synchronize" function to make sure both copies of the brain are identical. I know I can use 3rd-party tools for file synchronization, but with the more complex file structure of version 4 I am never really sure if all the index files and registration data are dealt with correctly. In a large brain you will probably find an error only weeks after it occured (and has been copied to all your backups).

Greetings and thanks to the team for the extensive work in the forums.

Joerg Schulze.
Harlan
Hi Joerg,

You're right... As I've mentioned elsewhere on the forums a 3rd party synchronizer can be used, you have to be sure that only one copy of your Brain is in use at a time and a full sync is completed before opening the other copy.

We do have plans to enable this type of functionality, but as you can imagine, this is a major undertaking...
Regards,
-Harlan
VisualDragon
I'm really late to the party here but I use http://www.foldershare.com to synch my Brains.  Works flawlessly and it's free.

--Dave
jostber
And  rsync might do this in Linux:

"rsync -avz foo:src/bar/ /data/tmp"

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software