mctrexler
Just in the last week or so (no Brain updates involved) my Brains won't fill the screen on my second monitor when I push on the maximize button on the window.  
1.  It's only my secondary monitor, all the settings of which look right and haven't been changed.  It does maximize on the laptop monitor.
2.  It's only my Brains - everything else maximizes just fine on the secondary monitor.

Any ideas what could cause this sudden and odd behavior? 
pthompson
Mark,

Thank you for posting. I assume this worked for you previously? If so, have their been any hardware or software changes on your machine since then?
mctrexler
Well, a new Dell computer since I was last using this particular second monitor (was overseas for 6 months). 

Situation now is basically random as far as I can tell.  Sometimes it maximizes correctly for the second screen, sometimes it doesn't.  What it usually does after I've dragged the Brain screen from my laptop monitor (where it does maximize correctly) is anchor to the upper left, but not fill the screen all the way to the right or to the bottom.

The Brain is my only program to have an issue with maximization on the screen. 
ThorstenZ
Hi there,
I still have the same problem. started a few weeks ago. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.
Restarting the brain sometimes helps (sometimes not). The case is as described by mctrexler (secondary monitor in enhanced desktop).
The only thing which changed (which I remember) was update to the newest java version (from J-1.7.0_07 to J-1.7.0_09). 
Worked the last few days with the older PB6079 Version, where the problem hasn't occured till now.

Worked with the 64-Bit Edition of TheBrain (TB-7045). Possibly the 32-Bit Edition works fine. That would explain why the error doesn't appear since I stepped back to PB6.

kind regards,
thorsten
pthompson
So TheBrain will maximize to full screen on the main monitor and not the secondary monitor if you move the application over? Some clarification on this or an example of it happening would help. Thanks.
mctrexler
Yes, Brain maximizes normally on laptop screen, but not when moved to secondary screen (see attached screenshot).  Same problem when I close and reopen the Brain.  Same problem with different Brains.  
mctrexler
OK, some new information.

I opened a new Brain with the first Brain already open..  It opened directly to the secondary screen (where the first Brain was open), and opened to full screen size.

I closed the first (not maximized Brain) and reopened it.  It opened the laptop screen and when I moved it it won't maximize.  So one Brain now maximizes, one doesn't. 

So now I'm really confused. 

pthompson
This is an interesting problem. We can try renaming your Preference files to see if this has something to do with the issue. You can try this by following these steps:

1. Close TheBrain application and Navigate to (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming) on your machine.

2. Delete any (PersonalBrain) folder if one exists and you are no longer using or no longer have PersonalBrain 6 or lower installed.

3. Open any (TheBrain) folder and rename both preference files: (TheBrain7Preferences.bak) and (TheBrain7Preferences.xml) to something like: (TheBrain7PreferencesOld.bak) and (TheBrain7PreferencesOld.xml)

Once these steps have been completed please try restarting TheBrain. If you are still having trouble after this, perhaps we can setup a web meeting to go over the issue in person. If you would like to do this, please contact support directly at support.thebrain.com or by emailing support@thebrain.com and let us know.
mctrexler
Patrick, can't find an "appdata" folder under USERNAME, or anywhere else.   Using Windows 7 64-bit operating system.   Suggestions?  Thanks. 
zenrain
In a Windows Explorer window, choose Tools > Folder Options. In the view tab make sure Show hidden files, folders and drives is selected. Then check under your username folder again for the appdata folder. 
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software