miadonis
Is there a dedicated MacOS extension for the BrainBox feature?

While I'm aware of the browser extensions (i.e. the Safari BrainBox applet), as far as I know there's no ability to share from the share dialog box on MacOS or to be able to add to the BrainBox while offline.
mcaton
Thanks for posting. For BrainBox to work on your macOS all you need to do is install TheBrain.  You can then drag and drop any file onto TheBrain icon in your Doc. TheBrain needs to be running and logged in in order for BrainBox to know what account to associate the file with, TheBrain application can be minimized though. 

As you've mentioned, if you want to save a URL to your Brainbox, you will then need to have the extension for that Browser installed.

https://www.thebrain.com/docs/brainbox

Thank you,
Matt
miadonis

Thanks Matt.

The reason I brought it up is because the Brainbox Safari extension has been asking me to login over and over again. Also, I can’t login from the pop-up box anymore. I’m redirected to TheBrain.com. This has been happening for about a month. I’ve locked down cookies and that on my browser so I was hoping a MacOS share extension would allow me to add to Brainbox without having to allow browser cookies etc. 

miadonis
Hi @mcaton, I tried the drag and drop from Safari into the Plex and it worked very well. Will use this going forward.

Thanks for the tip!
mcaton
Excellent! Thank you for the update.

Matt
chafa
Have folks seen an issue with entering your password on the Mac Chrome brainbox?
mcaton
I have not had any problems, but will test again.  Do you have a browser window/tab that is logged into app.thebrain.com when using your BrainBox extension?

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software