zenrain
Just a quick heads up for any macOS users who also use LaunchBar.

After the Brainbox implementation with the Dock icon you can now use the following to send items to BrainBox:
  1. Invoke LaunchBar
  2. Browse to the file or invoke with LB (to do this I usually type in the Folder name, in LB, press the right arrow and then start typing the file name, or use arrows)
  3. Hit Tab, then type TheBrain (or tb, whatever will pull it up)
  4. Hit Enter. 
  5. The file will be added to Brainbox.
Yes, 5 steps, but if you use LaunchBar a lot, it's extremely quick.

I would also guess you can do something similar in Alfred, but I haven't tested.
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 10.0.54
mcaton
Thanks for sharing Zen!

Matt
joshsullivan
I've created a workflow in Alfred that does the same thing. 

It uses a file action to grab the file then copies it to the BrainBox. In Alfred, you can go to Preferences > Features > File Search > Actions Tab to define the shortcut to invoke file actions. In Finder you can have the file selected invoke the shortcut then type 'b' and enter, the file is then added to BrainBox.

If you don't keep Brains in the default location, then you need to change the location in the workflow, the location is set in the script.
TheBrain 10.0.54.0
macOS 10.14.5
Windows 10 1803
zenrain
Awesome, thanks for posting that @joshsullivan. Every once in a while I get the inkling to test out Alfred again and this will be useful. 
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 10.0.54

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software