lynnba
Wow. Have you seem mohiomap.com and bubblebrowserapp.com? They produce visual maps based on Evernote tags. This would be a fabulous thing to be able to do with TB. Please consider it. I have never gotten into the hang of using TB due to its lack of mobile features...

Also, with iftt and zapier people can create cross-app tasks for themselves. If thebrain was on those sites it would be so helpful. Also it would help expand the market base. I have been making my latest app decisions based on whether the service is on iftt or zapier..I figure that the companies on this bandwagon are at least progressive enough to allow users to have more control over their technology. Plus it seems so clear that a meta app experience empowers users and keeps services in the loop which may otherwise have been abandoned due to lack of particular features.like what has happened to me and TB. Unfortunately.
lynnba
Oops..ifttt vs iftt.
zenrain

+1 for IFTTT integration.
Primarily:
The ability to create a thought
The ability to add a file to a pre-definied thought.
The ability to add a file to a new thought.
The ability to create a new thought with a hyperlink.
The ability to add a hyperlink to a pre-defined thought.

Edit: Submitted on UserVoice. Please vote if so inclined.

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
mbaas
Hmmm, as far as I am concerned: +100 for the idea to create/manipulate thoughts based on "external triggers". But why does it have to be so specifically target IFTTT?
My top-wish would be an API that would also be accessible via XML/RPC and/or it should be possible to create thoughts by sending them as email (perhaps with some added "commands" in the mail) to Webbrain...
Visnet
I agree with mbaas. Having external triggers with an adressable API (my home automation system for one could add it own thoughts for GTD) is an absolute +100.

Having IFTTT or zapier services accesssing the API is nice to have for me.

Regards,

Wim
zenrain
Good point. It is putting the cart before the horse.

From another angle, I think when implementing APIs it might be good to know what customer demand is for where and what they would be used. This allows them to plan an implementation accordingly. IFTTT is rather popular web based automation, and it's integration with mail, dropbox, Evernote and a ton of other services make it very flexible.

It's really no differnet from saying "I want it to work with Evernote", or "I want it to work with [insert cloud servie here]". Most of them require some sort of API to be in place, but generally people don't care what the underlying technology is, they just know what they want to be able to do.

macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
PaddyVA
lynnba wrote:
Wow. Have you seem mohiomap.com and bubblebrowserapp.com? T.

Thanks for mentioning them -- hadn't seen.  I think Mohiomap suits me more.  This looks like a very easy way to connect messages, or nodes, or notebooks, from Evernote to TB.
jostber
PaddyVA wrote:
lynnba wrote:
Wow. Have you seem mohiomap.com and bubblebrowserapp.com? T.
<br><br>Thanks for mentioning them -- hadn't seen.  I think Mohiomap suits me more.  This looks like a very easy way to connect messages, or nodes, or notebooks, from Evernote to TB.

+1. IFTTT and Zapier seem very useful as well.

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
wordmuse
I would really love to see a mohiomap style representation of TB - especially when executing a search. And any connection between EN and TB would also be very much appreciated.
plegoux
Feedback about TheBrain, GTD, Dropbox and IFTTT here : http://forums.thebrain.com/post/TheBrain-GTD-Dropbox-and-IFTTT-6482551
Patrice Legoux

TB 7.0.4.5
Java 1.7.0_09-b05
Windows 7 64 bits SP 1

Main PC:
Toshiba Satellite, 4Gb RAM, Intel® Core™ i3-330M, 2.13GHz
Windows performance index: 5.0

PC 2:
Asus Eee PC, 2Gb RAM, Intel Atom CPU N460 0.66Ghz
Windows performance index: 2.3

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software