dcb_oz
I'd like some help checking search index behaviour to know if what I'm seeing is correct or not.

After restoring a brainzip from one machine to another I get a message that the search index is incomplete and requires indexing. All 5900 thoughts are then indexed and obviously this takes some time.

Is this normal behaviour? I would have imagined the search index was copied as part of the brainzip.

David

Dryopithecus
Yes, this is normal behavior. The index files, log files, and trash folder are not included in BrainZip for reducing file size.

Yang

dcb_oz
Dryopithecus wrote:
Yes, this is normal behavior. The index files, log files, and trash folder are not included in BrainZip for reducing file size.

Yang

Thanks for the clarification Yang. I'll run a test today to see how much difference there is between my brainzip and a zip archive of the full file. It may be worth suggesting to the developers an option to zip it all and save some time at the other end.

David
dcb_oz
The file I created wasn't much different in size.
Dryopithecus
I agree PB should add an option to include search index in BrainZip, and this option should be enabled by default.

Take my main brain for example (23,000 thoughts, 4800 internal attachments), the compressed search index takes only 10MB, downloading a 10MB file from email takes me about 1 minute, but rebuild these index files would take at least half an hour.
dcb_oz
I'm a 30+ minute rebuild each  morning and night as I transfer via USB from one PC to another.

David

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software