rengel
Firefox 11.0, Opera, IE and TB 7.0.3.0

There seems to be a serious flaw in the browser integration. As reported, after installing TB7030 drag and drop of an URL doesn't work any more. I created a new brain and tried to drag an address from Firefox into the brain. As my workflow depends on a smooth browser-brain integration I consider this a serious flaw. I tried the same with Opera, Internet Explorer and Chrome. Only Chrome works. Opera an IE show the same problem.

After reinstalling TB 7.0.2.9 the problem vanished!

So the bug was introduced with TB 7030.

Click image for larger version - Name: DragDrop.jpg, Views: 160, Size: 327.22 KB
Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
Spacenexus
I wonder if its a.conflict with admin permissions. if you install as admin, does it still occur?

Jim
@200229:
TB8022 32bit
Java 32bit Version 8 Update 141

Testing 11.0.60.0

Firefox, Office 2013 Pro Plus 32bit
64bit Win10Pro
64bit Primary Laptop, 8GB RAM, Intel Core i7
64bit Secondary Laptop, 64GB RAM, Intel Xeon E3
Brain user since 1997
rengel
Yes. I tried an installation with admin permissions. The error still occurs.

rengel
Any official statement on this problem?
I had to revert to v. 7.0.2.9 to be able to work.

zoner
I have TB 7.0.3.0 installed alongside Firefox 11.0 on Win 7 64 and drag and drop works without a problem for me. Looks like you have some extra addons installed within your Firefox. I would try running Firefox in safe mode (help > restart with addons disabled) to see if it could be an addon causing your drag and drop to go haywire.
rengel
zoner,

thank you for your answer. Firefox in safe mode with all addons disabled doesn't work either. And this wouldn't explain, why the same problem exists with Opera and IE, but not with Chrome. I'm running all these browsers without any addons.

The issue is reproducible. It occurs when I install TB7030, and vanishes, if I reinstall TB7029. I tried this several times.

rengel
Problem solved!
The issue depends on the Java version used.

I used Java 1.7_02.
When I went back to Java 1.6_31,
the issue disappeared.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software