b4l4nc3r

It seems a feature I've requested actually exists which is added in 5.5.0.0-b as stated in the release notes

http://www.thebrain.com/site/personalbrain/download/PB5.5%20Release%20Notes.pdf:

More preferences added

§  Hide temporary and hidden files in Thought folders (default: true)

But that option/checkbox when is checked (which is by default) doesn't hide HIDDEN attachments (files in thought folders).

Feature requests  before discovering it's a bug:

b4l4nc3r
Btw, I confirm again that this is a bug! At least on 5.5.0.8-b it doesn't function!
b4l4nc3r
As of 5.5.0.9-b it still doesn't function.
b4l4nc3r
As of 5.5.1.0, this bug is still present.
Moe
b4l4nc3r, Thanks for posting. This feature is working correctly.

If you place a file which has the hidden attribute set on it, or a file which begins with a ".', "~" or "$' into the Thought folder of a Thought, it will not show up in the Properties and Attachments of that Thought when "Hide temporary files in Thought folders" is set in Options > Preferences > Advanced (Tab).

Best regards,
Moe

b4l4nc3r
Moe,

I've found the steps to reproduce the bug-symptom.

It hides the HIDDEN-files IF they're hidden BEFORE they're loaded by the PB Thought! BUT NOT after. So hiding an attachment after it's already visible in a Thought won't result in hiding it, not even after a PB restart. This is true for 5.5.1.2-b too.

Best Regards,

edited: corrected the file-set in matter, as this applies only to hidden-file scenario I've described above, which doesn't apply to temps which normally would be spotted by their file-name before they're loaded. I've not checked that, nor I'm I interested in that scenario as it won't be in the way.
b4l4nc3r
BTW, the symptom also occurs if the hidden-file attachments are the result of a file-import, but that was during an earlier release (don't remember the number). However, I believe that you guys know what to do in any case.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software