b4l4nc3r

Normally I could drag & drop a contact from the Outlook Business Cards View onto any PB Thought to create a contact icon linking to that specific contact entry in Outlook. But this doesn't happen any more. I desperately tried other Outlook Views (like Contact Card , detailed, etc..), which never worked before (but just to be sure), but predictably they didn't help the situation either.

The Outlook PST resides outside of the brain, so it can't be a conflict introduced with the new limitation that prohibit linking to a file inside the brain. Although if that was the case a prompt should have been shown, but in any case, it's defiantly outside the brain.

Uservoice voting: http://thebrain.uservoice.com/pages/4597-personalbrain/suggestions/332304-bug-5-5-0-9-defected-outlook-contact-linking-is-broke-

b4l4nc3r
The uservoice entry has been set on completed. I quess they couldn't reproduce. Does anyone know whether the zip non-installer package should support Outlook? Because I remember a redemption.dll or something like that for which Outlook has to be shutdown before the installation process can complete. Anyone?
Moe
b4l4nc3r, the zip "Archive format without an installer" supports Outlook but you have to manually run "register.bat" which is located in the "PersonalBrain\bin" folder after you have completed the installation. You will still need to have Outlook closed when doing this.

Best regards,
Moe

b4l4nc3r
See Moe? I'm not crazy .. hmm... even though we can't be too sure... since I'm not tested

That actually did the trick Thnx a lot !

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software