b4l4nc3r
It's only shown under the attachments tab. It concerns wave files which didn't have specific icon's thus are shown with the default file icon, but that isn't shown in PB Thought. Only it's shown with a PB specific musical-note-icon under the attachment tab.
b4l4nc3r
it's the same in 5.5.1.4
dyslucksia
I'm having trouble understanding exactly what your problem is. Would you mind explaining a little more clearly, or posting one or two screenshots of the problem? This would help us. Thanks.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
Darkstar

It sounds like that in the P&A window, the file shows an icon. But the thought does not.

-Darkstar
b4l4nc3r
Thnx dys. it's like dstar said. And here is the ss: http://easycaptures.com/8187443726
(this preview can't be bigger, use the link above)

dyslucksia
There is a hierarchy in displaying icons which I summarized here when 5.5.0.8 was the latest release. Has it changed in the latest version?

(ADDED) I just saw the pic you posted on EasyCaptures. Hmm, the icon should have appeared on the Thought itself, since the Thought has no icon of its own. I'll try this on my system and see what happens...

No problem here; I simply dragged and dropped the wav file onto the open P&A window, making it an internal attachment, like yours. Can't say why yours isn't showing the icon. My icon is RealPlayer. The two musical notes icon indicates you're using a different app to play .wav files, but yours should also show up in "Select type of file to create:" pane in the Add Attachment window.

Maybe one of the mods can offer a suggestion.
b4l4nc3r
What you missed is that the fact that my system doesn't have an icon assigned to the wave file!

That icon that is visible under the attachment tab is one that is assigned by PB itself! The wave file on through Windows Explorer has that white and some colors in the middle default icon for any file without a specific icon!

My guess is that the icon is fetched from the file, and if no specific icon is present it uses a couple of default ones in PB to show the file under the attachment tab BUT NOT on the thought it self! It seems to expect a specific icon to shown on the Thought it self.

If that's true then it would help if at least the relevant part be the same algorithm used for loading the icon under the attachments tab be used for displaying the icon on the thought. I say the relevant because the thought can have also a thought icon to zoom in and at the same time if clicked opening the attachment or the list of attachment popup window.
mcaton
b4,

Thanks for the additional info.  We'll write this up for testing with the engineers.  I haven't been able to duplicate it yet, would you mind sending me a copy of this specific file?

Thank you,
Matt
dyslucksia

As you can see from this pic, even unregistered file extensions are faithfully iconized by PB. All you have to do is make sure the filetype icon isn't a .bmp or .ico file, as PB accepts only PNG, JPG and (non-animated) GIF.

zenrain
Dyslucksia, I believe that is the very reason b4 is submitting the bug request. Because it should work like that, but he is able to recreate a scenario where it doesn't.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
b4l4nc3r
Yo zen... I've you on my right arm symbolically AND literally ... Zen Player strapped to my right arm

you nailed it... yup it's like that... and that file... it's private... but I've another.. just a sec... ah.. this one will do http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EZI66DKO although I don't think it will matter mutch... since they probably did try it with a .wav file. ... which means it has to do with the war between players over the file association.... or winamp being used in none registery mode.. or any other system specific setting...

But that doesn't change my suggestion! The PB specific icon should be used when applicable. Thus when there is no retrievable icon and there is a PB specific one. There should be a PB specific one for no specific icon

and dys., I'm sorry I got you into trouble...

zenrain

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software