DavidGretzschel
tooAwesome2.png tooAwesome2.png works fine now, but I got a crash just after I set it. Didn't do anything else in that session. Click image for larger version - Name: this looks too awesome to not cause crash.png, Views: 111, Size: 386.56 KB

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

Harlan
Not sure what this issue is here... Can you please explain what happened? (the selected theme in the screenshot is "custom settings", not "classic dark blue" as you have underlined in red if that was what you were referring to.)
Regards,
-Harlan
DavidGretzschel

That's ten days ago, how the hell would I know, what I was on about?!
That's rather late to ask for clarification. Might as well ask me what I had for dinner on the tenth of July in 2017.

Iirc, I was clicking this specific background color and then TB11 crashed.

It was a crash and I presumably sent the crash-record, if I bothered making a post about it.

Next time I'll add a link to the corresponding to the forum post into the crash record.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

mcaton
Sorry for the delay.  Yes, please keep us posted if you happen to see the same issue again, or recall what was for dinner on July 10, 2017... ðŸ˜‰

Thanks,
Matt
metta
mcaton wrote:
Yes, please keep us posted if you happen to ... recall what was for dinner on July 10, 2017...
 ðŸ˜‚
eeik
For better or worse, I can authoritatively share with the thread that I picked up some fresh veggies and a protein of some sort at Whole Foods on the way up to Boulder to visit a friend on July 10th, 2017. We cooked together at their house and I'm almost positive I recall slicing strawberries to share for desert. While not too much of a pain to open up Google Maps, flip over to the timeline, and enter in a date ... this data would be useful to have integrated into my brain as it pertains to my friend, my friend's allergies that may be noteworthy for the next time I pop over, and what conversation unfolded that evening together. The "Where Was I When?" feature ... yes, that's it, when will the team be talking that feature? Google Timeline only keeps the physical location and time facets of the context ... the plex should house the rest.

Give Us An API Surface.png 

... so whenever y'all get your API story straight, Google Maps // Timeline would be an obvious integration point that I'm sure *SOMEBODY* in the community might go ahead and build for the product. Every day that passes without an API finds more and more users like @DavidGretzschel having their dinner memories circling the drain of the Internet's memory hole that we all hope TheBrain might help save us from 🦃
DavidGretzschel
@eeik 
beginning to see the potential of API-access, where before I was ignorant.
I'd like to log a lot of personal things and have done so for many things in the past.
Making it automatically pull in my Google-Fit would be neat.
I am trying hard to use TB as my OneDrive file system, but it's difficult having to link every new downloaded or created item manually.
If they could just appear automatically as a Child of an Inbox-Thought, then the dream of having my OneDrive merely be a truly messy folderless list of files would be so much closer Ã°Å¸ËœÂ²

--
---
---

metta
@eeik ~ Love your dinnertime story! ÃƒÂ°Ã…¸â„¢â€š

If they (my recently added thoughts and downloads) could just appear automatically as a Child of an Inbox-Thought, then the dream of having my OneDrive merely be a truly messy folderless list of files would be so much closer ÃƒÆ’ƒÂ°Ã…¸ËœÂ²
@DavidGretzschel ~
In the absence this automatic link, I've created a system of monthly and topical "Quick Drop" in boxes that I use for this very purpose. Right now the November "quick drop" thought is pinned to the top of my megabrain plex, so if I don't have time (when I create a new thought) to add in all the links needed for context, I just link the new thought to this pin.

This will allow me to easily find this thought later on using this pin or the search function -- and then later on I can add the necessary contextual links when I have more time.

(FYI, I also much prefer to use these pinned thoughts instead of the BrainBox since links in the BrainBox do not show up in the search or in the reports.)
DavidGretzschel
@metta
ah I considered doing something like that. I'm a little loath to really get into it again. Restoring from my Windows backup has completely messed up my OneDrive, thus my Brain.
I think I might write a script that automates the keyboard sequence for the newest entry in the root-folder. I dislike drag & drop very much.
Having to open this extra window, having to check whether the sorting is still newest on top, then not being distracted by all those files....

Shall try tommorow.

--
---
---

metta
Thanks for the update, @DavidGretzschel ~ Sorry to hear about the Windows restoration issues. Sounds like a big headache!

Hope you get things sorted soon....Will be interested to see how your new script idea eventually works out for you....
jayofemi

Hello,

I am happy to inform you, that this issue that you brought to our attention regarding the Brain Theme causing a crash in TheBrain, when changing colors, has now been fixed in the new TheBrain version 11.0.39.

Please go ahead and update to this new version to confirm this fix.

Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any further questions/concerns.

Thanks,
Jay

DavidGretzschel
Thank you!

--
---
---

metta
Very welcome fix! Many thanks. ðŸ™ŒðŸ™‚

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software