Underdog
Although the Windows 7 Region is set to German, the calendar refuses to switch to German date and time format. Similarly, when the Windows 7 OS language is German, the calendar date/time format is locked in German format when switching the region to English.

It seems date/time formats for the calendar are taken from the UI language of the OS instead of from the region settings.

Calendar Date_Time Format.jpg

- Michael
TheBrain 10.0.17.0 beta / 9.1.x / 8.0.2.1 / (PB) 6 || Win7

NorthFarm
Exactly. Same thing in windows 8. Reported this in the early 8.0 beta test but TheBrain seems to think we don't know which language we are running in :-(

My OS is in English. My regional settings are set to Denmark/Danish and I always have AM/PM in the calendar no matter how many times I re-install Thebrain. They suggested that I re-installed Windows - but no I don't think that's the problem. And it's a company computer - and I don't have similar problems in any other programs.
Regards Hans Henrik Nørregaard
----------------------
TB 11.0.95.0 (Pro Combo) Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Java 1.8.0_211
Steeph
This works for me, although my regional settings are Dutch.
One thing that I've noticed, you have multiple keyboard layouts (3rd tab). Are you perhaps using the German layout?
I only have and use the US keyboard layout. You could try to remove the German (reboot maybe) and restart TB to see if it gets confused by that.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
Underdog
@NorthFarm - I found your beta post with 254 views and no replies. I now see that it is only the Edit Event mask that has a locked date/time format! The Calendar itself does respond to Regional Language settings. This is a legitimate bug that needs to be fixed!

This was also an unresolved issue for PersonalBrain (see this post).

@Steeph - what do you mean? What works for you "although your regional settings" are Dutch? What is the language of your OS?

Neither changing the keyboard layout nor the regional settings affects the date/time format shown in the screenshots of the Edit Event window on my two Windows 7 computers. When the OS language is US-English, the Edit Event date/time format is US-English; when OS language is German,
the Edit Event date/time format is German. On both machines neither the keyboard layout nor the Regional Settings have any affect on the Edit Event date/time format in TheBrain 8.

Changing the interface language of TheBrain also has no effect.

- Michael

Underdog
output.log attached.

Windows 7 Pro OS Language: German
Regional Settings: English (USA)
TheBrain GUI Language: English

You'll notice a few entries of relevance immediately in the output.log in
Lines 4-6
1139 [main] ERROR com.thebrain.personal.view.bi - Failed to write US_ASCII version of pblang_ja.utf-8.properties - run as administrator to correctly setup this file.

Lines 12-14
3494 [main] ERROR com.thebrain.personal.view.bi - Failed to write US_ASCII version of pblang_ja.utf-8.properties - run as administrator to correctly setup this file.
3510 [main] INFO com.thebrain.personal.view.bi - Locale: de_DE (Country: Deutschland; Language: Deutsch)
3510 [main] INFO com.thebrain.personal.view.bi - Language file: Deutsch

It appears TheBrain isn't fully picking up the Regional Settings. The screenshot below shows that the Edit Event window has the German date/time format while the Regional Settings are using English date/time format:

EditEvent in German with Region in US.jpg
This is just an example of the problem.
The same problem exists on my office computer using OS in English with German Regional Settings: Edit Event window locked to English date/time format, while Calendar shows German date format.

- Michael

Steeph
Underdog wrote:
@Steeph - what do you mean? What works for you "although your regional settings" are Dutch? What is the language of your OS?

I meant removing the German keyboard completely. You can always add it back later so perfectly safe to try.

My Win8 is English, but I'm not sure if Windows is still supplied in languages. I could be it's just 1 OS and you select the language pack to use.
PB user since 1998

Mind over matter?
I don't mind and it doesn't matter.
TB 8.0.2.1 Pro on Win10.1 Pro 64bit JVM 1.8.0-112
pthompson
Thank you all for your input. I will report this as a bug with all of the information above.
Underdog
Any update on this? It is soooo annoying...

- Michael

Underdog
Until this gets resolved, is there a way to enter a valid 24h time using the keyboard without having to type in "am" or "pm" (e.g. simply entering 14:20 instead of 2:20 pm). Any time without am or pm just isn't accepted by TheBrain (unless, of course, the OS language happens to be that of a nationality using am/pm).

- Michael

pthompson
Underdog wrote:
Any update on this? It is soooo annoying...

We don't have any update at the moment. Once it is resolved it will be mentioned in our Release Notes.
Underdog
I posted my disappointment on another forum topic I authored regarding the latest release 8.0.1.5 that this bug wasn't fixed. (Now I am blocked from adding any comments to that topic I authored, of which I notified the Moderator).

In that topic, mcaton replied to my post making a reference to fixing sync calendar issues, but this issue has absolutely nothing to do with calendar syncing! In fact, this bug existed long before syncing was even conceived.

Please get this done - we've been waiting for years!

- Michael

pthompson
I'm not sure why you would have been blocked. Matt did address the state of TheBrain Calendar however:

Quote:
The calendar features in TheBrain have come under a great deal of discussion as we continue developing the next generation of Brain technology. I'll bring this to particular feature up with our engineers as well as we continue moving forward.
Underdog
Yeah, I got Matt's response, but I couldn't tell what "feature" he was referencing, because this issue is not a feature, in my view. It is a bug.

- Michael

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software