DavidGretzschel
2nd phone

issue 1:
The keyboard needed an extra invitation. It might look like it just took a bit to pop up the first, because I had a slow phone, but if you look closely, you can see that I touched the input field (touch-markers are enabled, but a bit subtle).
issue 2:
Paperclip>Camera crashes every time.

Still learning how to do proper Android screen-recording efficiently, so I was too lazy to split those two issues.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
David,

Thank you for posting. I'm guessing that you have your device paired with a keyboard - correct? If so, than no keyboard will appear on the screen.  After you tap on the + button, you should just be able to start typing on the Bluetooth keyboard.

Thanks,
Matt
DavidGretzschel
Nope, this is my 2nd phone not paired with anything.
My BlackBerry is out of commission at the moment.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

nick
@DavidGretzschel 

The Camera crash issue is known and documented. The Engineering team has been notified of your report, and I'll update this thread with any further information on it.

Thanks
-Nick
mcaton
David,

Good news. We were able to replicate this today on another Android phone.  Thank you for bringing it to our attention.  We'll document and take a closer look.

Thanks!
Matt
DavidGretzschel

@mcaton

this is actually a very common misbehaviour across multiple Android phones and OS versions.
I have been seeing this occasionally over my 8 years using about ten or more phones in all kinds of apps.
Probably worth googling. Might be that there's a "top 5 reasons why Android keyboard needs extra invitation" blog post somewhere.

--
---
---

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software