ruudhein
New comma thoughts seem to automatically have a space entered.

I have many, many "dated" thoughts in my brain that do not have a space -- these now appear including the prefixed thought name:

1.jpg 
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
Harlan
Please describe the problem you are having more specifically. I've read your post several times but I don't understand what the problem is. Also, please let us know if what you are referring to is new to v10.
Regards,
-Harlan
ruudhein
OK, here are some numerical , comma thoughts:

V9, context sensitive option disabled:

1.jpg 

V9, context sensitive option enabled:

1.jpg 

Now compare with:

V10, context sensitive enabled:

1.jpg 

Thoughts that use the comma sensitive option, using numerical values, are no longer displayed as context-sensitive, unless there is a space after the comma.
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
ruudhein
Added: this does not happen with text. Only with numbers. It's for that reason that I assume it might be released to #4780 which is marked as fixed in the release notes for v10

(Windows 10)
Harlan
Ah, I see what you are saying now. Yes, this was changed intentionally. When a comma appears between two numbers it is no longer considered for context-sensitive renaming. If you'd like those items to go back to the old behavior you can add spaces after the commas manually or using the global search and replace.
Regards,
-Harlan
ruudhein
Ouch -- that sucks. I have tons of thoughts like this.

Find & replace on all those dates will be a bit bugging -- thank God you support regex.

What bugs me a bit is that when we setup a brain, especially a big one, it is nice to feel secure in knowing that the brain will continue to behave the way it does. This change is quite an impactful one, for me.

Well, have learned that one better deals with software changes the way things are -- so off I go fixing my problem.

(PS: excited about v10 anyway!)

(Windows 10)
Harlan
Thanks for your understanding. I’d advise a brain archive backup prior to doing the find and replace. 🙂
Regards,
-Harlan

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software