DoctorT
This may be a known bug, but I could not find it here. When I use markdown code to indicate "bold", "strikethrough", or "underline", the text shows the appropriate formatting as soon as the last code is typed or the menu choice released. For superscript or subscript, neither the markdown codes nor the menu choices produce the appropriate formatting.

version 11.0.47.00 on macOS 10.52.2 Catalina
DavidGretzschel
works for me (on Windows). I put superscript on alt+q and subscript on alt+w in keybindings.
I find this very convenient. Do you perhaps use some special font?

screenshots:
on the left, with Plex being focussed. On the right with "Notes" being focussed.

Temp2.png Temp1.png 

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DoctorT
Thanks, David.

The notes editor on the macOS version looks very different from yours.  Also the keyboard shortcuts you use are not set up for the Mac version. (another bug perhaps.)

Below is what I have. The Menu Choices you have on your toolbar are under the "down arrow" icon.
Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 8.36.16 PM.png 
DavidGretzschel
Most commands in the Brain have no shortcuts by default. I've set those myself in Preferences>Keybinding.
I've also tried clicking the buttons and writing the Markdown directly.

However your examples don't work for me either. That's not very surprising, though.
Sub/Superscript have to be below/above another String. And apparently to the right.
It appaerently is impossible to have subscript or superscript to a left of a word.
[I hope they add that in the future]
Which is less often used, but not uncommon either!
Well, that's undocumented Markdown for you.

I do agree that isolated sub/superscript would be nice to have.
Try my examples and see if they work?

test^works^~for~me
a^x^=x^2
a^22^

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

DoctorT
Thank you so much, David. 
I use The Brain for Bible study and Bible verses generally begin with the verse number superscripted.  I guess now my copies will have .^33^ instead.
I assume from your comment that this is a Markdown "feature", and not a Brain issue.  Perhaps TheBrain folks can make the adjustment but then it would not be standard.

Thanks again.
DavidGretzschel
I'd like the adjustment, too. Isolated and left-side sub/superscript would be nice to have.
TB-markdown isn't very standard anyway and it's not completely done, either.

Glad that .^33^ works for you, though!

--
---
---

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software