DavidGretzschel
Does not look right to me. Though this might be semi-intentional?
I would expect that a sibling-jump-thought connection would just be straight connecting line,
but I guess that jump-thoughts among siblings are rare and that usually jump-thoughts always lead "outward".

https://www.loom.com/share/32df468f17ad43ef9b6bc320df964745

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
David,

Thanks for posting.  The link has to curve around the jump gate so that it can be seen.  If it doesn't, it would be hidden behind the thought.  Maybe the curve is too extreme? I'll share with the team.

Thanks,
Matt
DavidGretzschel
ah right, the Link has to originate from the jump-gate at each Thought. Now I get you. I wasn't thinking about this right, I guess.
I just thought that those were directly connected Thougths, why aren't they connected directly.
Guess that's difficult to get right with siblings, which are across different columns.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

metta
@DavidGretzschel ~

Thank you so much for reporting this issue! I have for a long time thought this was a (visually annoying) display bug -- and for this reason I switched to using the straight links instead of the curved links.

In light of this, if the looping on the curved links could be reduced, I think it would be a significant visual improvement.

FWIW, this extraneous looping is also a dramatic problem in the web client, as well, as illustrated (and reported to support) months ago in this test brain.

For some reason the loops seem to be particularly problematic with jump thoughts ~ but as you can see in the link I've provided, curved links of any type can be affected.

Also, it is important to note this bug appears to be a navigational issue, since these loops are typically NOT so extreme when the links are in their "default" positions. This is clearly illustrated in the web client when the brain display is refreshed after navigating. (Unfortunately, we do not have a comparable "refresh" option in the desktop client.)

+100 for fixing this display problem in the desktop and the web client -- BOTH.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software