prokher
Hi all,

I think I've found another bug. Please consider you have 3 thoughts Parent, Sister & Brother. Parent is obviously a parent of the Sister and the Brother. There is also a one-way link from the Brother to the Sister. The problem is that, when Sister is active there is no Brother in the siblings list on the right side of the plex. So it looks like one-way link hides source of such the link (when link destination is active) despite the source is also a sibling of destination. Expected behavior is to have such source in the siblings list. I don't whether this one-way link shall be shown in such a case, but Brother thought definitely must appear in the siblings list.

Best regards,
Alexander.
pthompson
Alexander,

What you are describing is how a one-way link should work. Take a look at the explanation of one-way links HERE.
zenrain
Well, this has the added complication that there are actually two relationships (sorta). 
It's a jump thought (which should be hidden based on the one-way link properties) but it's also a sibling.

Taking the one way link out of the equation, if a thought is both a jump thought and a sibling, the thought only shows as jump thought. So when the one-way link is in effect, should it revert back to showing as a sibling?

I don't have v 8 installed, but it would be interesting to see what happens in v8, I suspect it would be the same, but I'm not going to put any money on it… [smile]

E
dit: Adding pictures because... Purple Prince!

Base Setup

Sibling1.png

Now with Link:
Sibling2.png   

Now with one way link going From Parent, Child 2 to Old, Test. Notice Child 2 is now conspicuously absent. Which is a rather strange saying now I think about it.

Sibling3.png 
macOS 10.14.5
TheBrain 10.0.51
prokher
pthompson wrote:

What you are describing is how a one-way link should work. Take a look at the explanation of one-way links HERE.

Dear Patrick, I do realize what unidirectional links are designed for, but thank you for video anyway. It looks like you did not understand me correctly, probably I described my point not clearly enough. Let me try again.

The issue I am complaining about is vanishing the thought from the siblings list (the list of thoughts with the same parent as current one, the list which resides on the right side of the flex) once it has one-way link to current thought. I do believe that the fact that there is one-way link from the Brother to the Sister (consider the example from my previous post) does not stop them from being siblings. I do realize, there must not be the Brother on the left side of the flex, when the Sister is active, but I think the Brother must appear on the right side, because they (Brother & Sister) still have the same parent - the Parent.

So, in other words, I would expect one-way link to behave like there is not link at all when its destination thought is active, but currently it behaves somehow differently.

Best regards,
Alexander.
mcaton
Alexander,

Can you please create a Test Brain that demonstrates the issue.  Just include a small grouping of 5 or 6 sample thoughts with a one-way link that will demonstrate your issue.  Post the .brz file here or email to support@thebrain.com and reference this thread:

http://forums.thebrain.com/post/8352898

We can then use the same Brain to test and troubleshoot.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
Ah ha!  I believe I see what you mean.  A one way jump between the Brother and Sister.  We'll document and review this further - no need for the test Brain as previously requested.

Thank you,
Matt
prokher
Dear Matt,

exactly, one-way jump, sorry that I did not name it properly, I am not familiar with proper terminology. Thank you for understanding.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Circle Us on Google+  Google         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software