ruudhein
Have observed this on occasion in v9 as well.

Steps
  • copy text from Evernote desktop application, Gmail or Inbox by Gmail
  • paste in notes editor either "as is" or using CTRL SHIFT V to paste as plain text
  • navigate away fom the thought
  • navigate back

Expected
  • text is there as pasted

Actual result
  • some or all of the pasted text has now become run-on text

Example

Highlighting words stuck together, as this example is in Dutch:
1.jpg 
with the actual text being: "Leuk uitzicht op het rangeer terrein. Vaak bermbrandjes van langskomende treinen. Zwembad vlakbij. "
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
mcaton
Ruud,

I have not yet been able to replicate trying basic text from a sample Evernote item and Gmail.  Are there any special characters (umlauts, etc.) in the original text you copied?

Thank you
ruudhein
No, usually nothing special.

Thinking about it; what these messages have in common is that they're email messages. Either straight from email or copied into Evernote and then later into TB.

It's hard to catch in the act as it doesn't happen right away
Using: Evernote | Filterize | Roam Research | Feedly | Save Page WE | TheBrain v11.0.91.0

(Windows 10)
mcaton
Ah, good to know.  Filling my test Brain up with text copied from multiple Emails and Evernotes - waiting to pounce.

One test that may be helpful... Do you still have the original email or Evernote item that one of these problem notes originated from?  If so, copy and paste into a test Thought. Open the thought's containing folder (right click on thought and select Open Thought Folder) you'll be able to grab the notes.html file.  Save a copy as notesOriginal.html.  Navigate to a run on sentence thought and save it's notes.html file as notesBroken.html.  Send into support and we'll see if there's some meta data that may have caused this issue.

Thank you,
Matt
mcaton
Issue replicated.  In my experience, the problem only happens when I paste via Ctrl+V.  If I right click in the notes and select Paste - the text is not 'jumbled.'  A small work around that you might want to try.

In the mean time, replicated and documented.  Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Matt
ruudhein
"Happy" to hear that! I was unable to get a new occurrence going

(Windows 10)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software