Darkstar
Bug - PB 4.2.1.1 (with Indexing Library) crashes if you select a thought it hasn't indexed

Here's a fun one. Well, it was fun figuring out what was happening...

When I move the latest copy of my work brain and import it into my home installation, if I select a thought that PB hasn't yet indexed, PB crashes to desktop.

The workaround is obvious--- just wait for the indexing to complete before you go wandering around in the brain. Or only select thoughts that have nothing to be indexed. However, it would be nice to correct this issue.
-Darkstar
Harlan
When you say "hasn't yet indexed", do you mean that you are opening a BrainZip and the indexing process is still working? Or do you mean the instant search indexing hasn't completed?

I suspect that this is actually a different problem unrelated to indexing since that should have no effect on the ability to activate a Thought.

When it crashes, there should be a file created called "hserr_pid_XXXX.log" in the PersonalBrain program folder. Please see if you can locate this file and upload it. This will tell us what is happening.

Regards,
-Harlan
Darkstar
This is after importing/opening a brainzip on a system.

Next time I crash a brain due to this, I'll go grab this file and post/attach it.
-Darkstar

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software