metta
Currently running 9.0.153.0 on Windows 7

Lost Feature: When I hover my mouse over adjacent thoughts, the notes display does not change to reflect the thought I'm hovering over.

Lost/Missing Feature: Just now tried to attach multiple thoughts to the active thought by using Shift/Select in the instant activation window available from the child gate, but I could no longer add multiple thoughts at one time. Thought I could do this previously in TB9, but I could not do it this afternoon.

Closed and reopened TheBrain, and both problems persisted.

Brain is also extremely slow to respond to any command.

Please advise.
mcaton
Metta,

Thanks for posting.  The hover feature can be activated in your Brain Preferences. On the UI tab, check the option for Update Displayed Content on Hover.

Issue number 2 - you are correct.  This was possible in previous v9 builds.  Will re-document this one.

Thank you!
Matt
metta
Thanks for your prompt feedback, Matt.

(1) I actually have the following preference setting turned on by default all the time:
-- Update Displayed Content on Hover

Not sure how it got turned off since I haven't fiddled with my preferences recently.

Is there a chance this setting could have been turned off during the process of updating my brain installation to the most current version? If so, that might be another, different bug.....

(2) Thanks for documenting this lost feature.
mcaton
Metta,

Thank you for the additional details.  The hover feature should still be the default (and left alone during upgrades).  I'll do some testing to confirm.

Thanks,
Matt
metta
Thanks for checking on this, Matt. I rely heavily on the hover feature, and would have no reason to intentionally change it.

Of course, the change (theoretically) could have been made accidentally, except for the fact that (to my knowledge) I had not adjusted any preferential settings since upgrading to the current version.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software