DavidGretzschel

Not so sure on this one, because I've not looked at it much in the older versions, so I don't have a good notion of what it's supposed to do, but....missingReportStuff.png 
I vaguely remember that I could delete all my orphans using the "Report"-functionality. And that would have have been there.
But now, no matter where I click, the "ctrl+shift+w", the bloody Orphan just refuses to die.
Might be related to deletion broken for Selection (not sure if fixed yet).
But shouldn't there be a lot more meat in this hamburger?
Most commands, if not almost all commands are just actions you could do with your mouse after all.
[actually not sure, if that's true, but I have that vague impression right]

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
Orphan Thoughts cannot be deleted from a Report.  You may be thinking of FORGOTTEN Thoughts (the next step is deleting) 

You could add all report results to your selection box and delete from there... but not from within a report.

Thanks,
Matt
DavidGretzschel
@mcaton
Could you clarify this? Do you mean Thoughts cannot be deleted from Report using only the mouse?
Or do you mean that Thoughts cannot be deleted in general from Report?
If the latter, why is there a Report>Delete all-command, a Report>Delete-command in the Keybindings-menu (see shortcut), but no Report>Forget-command (there's no obvious way to do that from the UI either)?

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

mcaton
David,

Just found a bug here when looking to confirm this.  With the mouse, when you right click on a thought, yes, it can be forgotten from the report. However, if you click on the notes area and then right click on another thought in the same report, it can NOT be forgotten/deleted... so this is inconsistent and will be documented.

Still, in large groups, the only option for delete all will be when running the Forgotten Thoughts report. This is when the Report > Delete or Report > Delete All can be utilized.

Matt
DavidGretzschel
So the commands that Report has available vary with Report type? Why not give all the commands always?
Options are good.  I don't forget Thoughts, I delete them, anyway.
Extra steps are annoying.
Jerry mentioned that he's not using the 'forget'-feature, so why would I?

--
---
---

Harlan
I clarified the wording on these commands to avoid confusion in the future.

The reason that there is no "Delete All" command generally applicable to all reports is that it could delete everything in your entire brain at once without any confirmation. Needless to say, this would be likely to cause very big problems.
Regards,
-Harlan
DavidGretzschel
Well, that's what ctrl+z is for, right 😉

Clarification is good. It'd be less of an issue if selection-deletion would work,
cause then I could add my report to selection and just delete that (even though that feels like I'm jumping thru hoops).

--
---
---

Harlan

I’m not aware of any issue with selection deletion. Can you explain?

Yes, undo is always good but can’t be relied upon since it will not be available once you sync or close your brain. 

Regards,
-Harlan
DavidGretzschel

Select a single (or multiple) Thoughts into the Selection-box, use the command Selection>Delete. Observe that nothing gets deleted.

The command is totally useless, it seems.

Already documented that one. Made a post, MCaton documented it, iirc.
I think there were more issues with Selection, but it's too long ago for me to really remember.
Got 256 posts and haven't figured out how to search my own posts (and don't have the patience for it rn).

--
---
---

DavidGretzschel

https://forums.thebrain.com/post/bug-selectiongtdelete-does-not-do-anything-10302358?highlight=selection&pid=1309830528

Found it. I thought more commands were broken as well. But either in another post or I never documented it.
Had to nuke my old Brain, where I was organized with my Bugs and Issues.

--
---
---

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software