DavidGretzschel

https://www.loom.com/share/8626cd869d69450186a23344b268ae2c

[I'm not actually as upset as my writing sounds like, I just had a bit too much coffee]
Bad enough that the sync-animations won't get out of my face, but even worse when they don't have anything to sync!
Perhaps it's checking from the Server, whether there other remote Brains have been added, since I last logged in, but how the hell is that my problem, when I'm moving around in my local Brain?

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

DavidGretzschel
Can't really follow up with testing, cause I'm gonna remote my Brain for Android.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

--
---
---

mcaton
David,

Thanks for posting. The sync is probably kicking off in the background for BrainBox.  We have a documented request to turn this feature off if you are working locally and not interested in syncing BrainBox.

Also, in some scenarios, it could be syncing another Brain that you have open in another tab. I realize this is not the case for you... but I want to share all scenarios with you.

Thanks,
Matt
DavidGretzschel
I don't even know what a BrainBox is. But now I don't like it 🙂

I don't think it's appropriate to show sync-stuff for Brains that aren't open.
I'd actually expect that in the "new tab", but "new tab" doesn't have enough sync-things (see other UI issue).
And I'm specifcally opening a Brain, so I can set a Brain to be non-local.
So there's already an association to the view that has multiple Brains not showing sync and an opened Brain doing
Brain-specific sync settings.

Brains in other tabs syncing being shown could be downright deceptive, when you see it and cut off your internet,
thinking that your work has already been synced.

--
---
---

mcaton
This is a good point, and thus the request for turning off BrainBox syncing... or at least, showing it in a different way. I'll add that last bit to the feature request.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software