DavidGretzschel

11.0.76 to 11.0.77

Whenever I make an effort to painstakingly delete each TheBrain-Theme that isn't mine and the upgrade keeps restoring all the default deleted ones.

I'm down to two Themes that I use, "usage" and "demonstration". Identical except for fonts.
I can quickly switch between them, when I need to, without having to look for them.

I like it that way:
Favorite.jpg 

I dislike it this way:
BrainThemes.jpg 

Here I can't even see the only two Themes I care about without scrolling!

This is not to say that the default BrainThemes aren't very good, they're excellent!
But I'm done trying them all and settled on a modified "DreamLogic" for the foreseeable future.
If you want to make sure that they're always available for users, who might want them back, restoring them with each update isn't the way to do it.
Just host them with the other Support materials and create a little blue questionmark somewhere in this dialog.
Cause for me, the current state of affairs is just a "delete doesn't work"-bug.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mcaton
I do see what you mean, but I'm not sure if this is something that could be facilitated. The app doesn't know if you deleted these files on purpose, or by accident and your re-installing to "fix" the issue...

I'll share with the engineering team.

Thanks,
Matt
mcaton
Oh, and if you want your own custom themes at the top of the list, try changing the name from:

My Custom Theme

to

- - My Custom Theme - - 

The list is alphabetical (special characters go first) so with some creativity, you can place properly named themes above the first `- Classic Dark Blue`

Thanks,
Matt
DavidGretzschel
Thank you Matt, the "--"-thing is very helpful.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software