mctrexler
I'm including a section in the Climate Web that organizes TB-based videos NOT associated with climate change, just to help show people how others are using TB.   Includes some of Jerry M's videos, David Allen on GTD.   I would appreciate suggestions for videos that you think are particularly effective in demonstrating real-world applications of TB.  

Thanks,

Mark
DavidGretzschel

I found this one all right:
https://forums.thebrain.com/post/recording-now-available-get-it-all-done-in-your-brain-now-10363143?pid=1310145055

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

metta
mctrexler
@David and @metta thanks for the notes.   I'm thinking of videos beyond TB's own help videos.  I do have the Big Thinkers etc.  It's notable that the ONLY topical Brain I have in my list so far (other than the Climate Web) is the short video on thoracic surgery education using the Brain.  Here's the collection FYI.   Any other suggestions?   
metta
@mctrexler ~

Thanks for sharing your brain link, Mark. I'm not aware of any other video reports of usage strategies that are still current...but it is not for want of looking.

Will be very interested to see what other videos you eventually find.
metta
@mctrexler ~

I think it is also interesting that the majority (if not all) of these videos were made using a desktop version of TheBrain, rather than the web client itself.
DavidGretzschel
@metta
doesn't surprise me in the least.
I just tried it out and within two minutes I noticed:
  1. Typing in the notes-field begins with a ridiculously large offset to the right
  2. links cannot be left-clicked, but must be right-clicked (though points for implementing right-click at all)
  3. search results are not navigable with arrow keys (even amazon.com manages THAT
  4. there is no arrow-navigation
  5. there are no hotkeys whatsoever

It's not something you'd want to make videos about.
It's like.... a demo version. Just to show what TheBrain is.
And I'm glad about it, too.
Giving a webapp strong functionality means turning it into an Electron-abomination, which sacrifices performance hard. 
As much as I do like Discord, it *uhm.... I'm almost too embarassed to say it*...... it will give you a "loading more text messages" when you hit PageUp in a channel more than two times. It's a computer program. In 2020. That gives you a "please stand by" for text strings. Thirty years ago people enjoyed better performance than that in Online-chat (or usenet or whatever you guys did).

Having a somewhat functional webapp though, one quickly gets the bad idea that that could be the cross-platform solution replacing all the desktop-clients.
TheBrain is slow enough as-is. It cannot afford a Chromium-wrapper as a bottleneck.
Maybe there could be a strong webclient in the future, but that depends on the industry as a whole being able to find something better than Electron.

Lenovo Legion Y720 | 32Gb Ram | i5-7300-HQ, 4 cores @2.5 Ghz | GTX 1060 | :{Windows 10 (latest build) |  SSD: Model SAMSUNG MZVLW256HEHP-000L2

Laptop monitor: 15,6 inch, 1920x1080@60Hz
external monitor: 42.5 inch, 3840x2160@60Hz
(I use one or the other, never both at once)
--
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 256Gb LTE
Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 256Gb LTE
---
unless otherwise specified, assume 100% scaling
My videos always show the current time & date (look at Windows Taskbar).
---
How to use TheBrain 11 fast (work in progress)

mctrexler
@metta well, true, no one would likely do a video featuring TB using the web client.  Not even anyone at TB would argue that would be putting your best foot forward!

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software