drb
Can there be multiple thoughts (at different places within a brain) exist with a same name (say 'computer') exist? Although the names are same, they appear in different context at different levels of thought, hence could it be different?

Please let me know.

drb
drb wrote:
Can there be multiple thoughts (at different places within a brain) exist with a same name (say 'computer') exist? Although the names are same, they appear in different context at different levels of thought, hence could it be different (meaning I don't have to link distant thoughts)?

Please let me know.

SamCox
Yes, thoughts in the same brain can have the same name.
drb
So I don't need them to link and have the same name elsewhere in the brain?

Secondly - under 'crawl brain' one can select upto 20 generations. What if I have more than 20 generations?

Please let me know.

jingle33

amazing!

SamCox
Thoughts with identical names in a single brain are not necessarily linked or otherwise related. See picture.

To crawl more than 20 steps, you must either do some of the work manually (e.g., multiple crawls) or convince the development team to remove the 20-step crawl limit.

-- Sam

Click image for larger version - Name: 2009-08-16_214959.png, Views: 121, Size: 6.42 KB
drb
Sam,
well, maybe convincing dev team to remove limit might be the easier way. :-)

Reason, why I asked is if there are more than 20 generations and especially if you forget that there are more than 20 generations, then deleting (forgetting) would become incomplete. Hence as you said, manual re-crawling is necessary.

I hope dev keeps another option as 'all' in that drop down.

thanks,

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software