GerSch
Is ist possible to add own icon in own folders to the stock icon collection?
pthompson
Yes, it's possible. But there are caveats. There is discussion on it HERE.
GerSch
Where is the icon folder of V9? C:\Program Files\TheBrain\TheBrain 9\StockIcons.zip or C:\Program Files\TheBrain\app\icons
GerSch
C:\Program Files\TheBrain\app\icons  seems to be the folder from V8.
C:\Program Files\TheBrain\TheBrain 9\StockIcons.zip  is a ZIP-file?? How do I do integrate a new folder?
zenrain
I believe the behavior will be the same between Windows and macOS, so in TheBrain 9, go to Help > Open Log Directory. 
When the windows explorer window opens, go up one directory. In macOS it's ~/.TheBrain/v9/Icons/, I'm not sure what it is in Windows, which is why the Log directory instructions. [wink]
There should be an Icons folder there.
In that folder, create a new folder (I called mine Custom). 
Put your custom icons in there. 

Be aware of the considerations in the thread Patrick linked to. I've created a duplicate folder and have it as an internal folder in my database. It's double maintenance, but it makes sure I don't lose anything.

Update: 
When you then go to select your stock icons the folder will appear as below:

Icons.png
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
zenrain's steps are the easiest solution to adding custom icons. In Windows, you would also navigate up one level from the Logs folder into TheBrain > Icons.
GerSch
Done! Is there any tip for the best icon resolution?
pthompson
I would recommend using the same as the stock icons, which is 48px x 48px.
mcaton
Also, they are typically .png files.  48x48 is our preferred size, but others will still work.

Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software