obrugman
How can I publish the content of individual thought notes to external sources or share it with people through email, whatsapp etc?

Reading that TB11 will have markdown editing capability, I may consider TB as my preferred writing app, but this only works if I can use the content of note thoughts in an easy workflow towards publishing (e.g. write in the thought note, and publish the note to a blog) or sharing (write in the thought note an share as email, weblink, in whatsapp etc).
Tools: The Brain | Evernote | DayOne | Ayoa | iMindMap | Omnigraffle | OmniOutliner | Ulysses | Scrivener |
metta
We do not currently have a built-in mechanism for sharing individual thoughts/notes from TheBrain without also sharing other thoughts in the brain. However, many people have requested this in the past, and my understanding is this request has been documented for possible consideration in a future build.

In the meantime, there are several other sharing options you might want to consider:

Option 1:  You can make all the confidential thoughts in your brain private (Right click on the thought name > Select "Private") and then these thoughts will not be visible when you share individual links to other public thoughts in your brain. These public links could then be shared (as you described above) using the shortlink web client URL, which is available in both the desktop and in the web client:
-- Desktop Menu: Online > Copy Web Thought URL
-- Web Client (when logged in): Right click on thought > Copy Web Thought URL
-- Web Client (when logged out): Hopefully a right click sharing option will be added in the days ahead....

Do keep in mind. though, that all the other public thoughts in your brain could (theoretically) be accessible, depending upon how they are linked in the brain or how easily they could be found using TheBrain's search feature.

Also, be warned: If you ever share an entire brain privately, by giving a person email access through the logged in web client interface, all your private thoughts will be visible. For this reason, it is advisable to only share the web client URLs if you want to keep your private thoughts private.

Option 2Some users have connected their brain projects with Evernote, specifically for the purpose of sharing.

Please Note: There is one other remote risk if you use either option #1 or #2 above -- If you ever have to change the location of your brain on TheBrain server by changing the GUID (this usually only happens in an emergency, all of the links you previously shared into your brain will break

Option 3: Alternatively, the new Alpha version of TB11 includes the option of exporting notes into either a PDF or HTML format -- which might (or might not) work for your purposes. Depending upon how you want to share these files, secondary file hosting might be required. However, this approach would provide independence from a possible brain link (URL) change.

Option 4: Of course, the simplest strategy would be to use TheBrain for writing your content, and then you could copy your content into your preferred destination (your blog, etc.). Then your blog (or social media) link(s) could be added back into your brain, as attachments on the same thought, so you would have a record of the location(s) where the content from each note was shared.

Hope this helps. ðŸÃƒÃ‚¢ÃƒÂ¢ÃƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¡Ã‚¬ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Â¦Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¾ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’¢â‚¬Å¡ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’†ÃƒƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢ÃƒÆ’ƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¢ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’‚¢ÃƒÃ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¡ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¬ÃƒÃ†Ãƒ¢â‚¬â„¢ÃƒÆ’¢â‚¬Â¦ÃƒÃ¢â‚¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¡

There may be other suggestions that other brain users can recommend -- and I'll be looking forward to their feedback, as well.

(I am also looking forward to the possibility that TheBrain team may eventually consider the possibility of adding in more social sharing features.)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software