Kriggel23
Tried to import a BRZ-file on a machine with not enough free space on disk.
The operation failed, but with a weird message:
"This brain already exists. In order to restore this brain from BRZ file you can: 1. Change the GUID of the local brain -or- 2. Delete the local brain."

This makes no sense at all. The BRZ to import would have created the first - and only - brain on this very machine. So there does NOT exist a brain where I could change the GUID, or which I could delete.

After cancelling the operation (the only option I had), I noticed, that the free disk space was significantly reduced. Before, appr. 90 GB, after "import" appr. 135 MB (sic!). TB still showed no brain at all.

Finally I could free space by clearing the working folder of TB.
Just to be sure, I retried the whole import three times, each time with same result.

Have you ever heard anything about doing a proper rollback after an operation has been cancelled?

Christian
mcaton
Christian,

There must be something left in one of the application db files that indicates that this Brain (it identifies a Brain as a GUID) was imported in the past.  The easiest fix is:

Create a new, empty Brain and import INTO this Brain.  This will create a new GUID and will not result in the error message displayed above.

Matt
Kriggel23
Matt,

sorry for the late answer - I was on vacation.

It almost worked the way you proposed. Due to space limitation (HDD) the import was not completed. The good news: this way, the rollback DID work. Want I do not understand is, that those two approaches I tried seem to use two different import logics?

Christian
mcaton
Christian,

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but did you successfully regain access to this Brain and import the BRZ? Importing directly as a new Brain will retain the original GUID of a Brain.  Importing into a NEW Brain database, and the new Brain keeps it's new GUID...

Thank you,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software