Kriggel23
... neither via Cmd-Click nor via menu item "Edit > Add ... to Selection".

btw: it is possible to drag a tag thought out of the past thought list (below the plex). But - I could only create a pin this way, but could not link it to the active thought.
Non-tag thoughts on the other hand can be linked to the active thought by dragging it out of the past thought list...

Kriggel23

TB8007 on Mac
pthompson
Kriggel23,

Only Thoughts and Thought Types can be added to a selection. Tags do not function the same way as a Thought or a Thought Type.
Kriggel23
Patrick,

mmmh - "Tags do not function the same way as a Thought or a Thought type."

Really?

Don't want to bother you, BUT:
- when tags are selected from the tag list, they are displayed, just as "normal" thoughts
- what do we have a menu item "Edit > Add <tag> to Selection" for?
- tags are displayed within in the past thought list ...
- a "normal" thought can be linked to a tag, the tag being the active thought ...

Anything can be a thought, e.g. to me, a date (e.g. "2014-04-22") is a thought as well - so I personally do not need or use the calendar of TB...

But back to tags: I don't care whether tags function the same way or not as "normal" thoughts. They ARE thoughts. So, let us handle them like thoughts, e.g. add them to the selection.

Kriggel23

pthompson
I meant in terms of selection, creation, and display. Sorry, I should have clarified. I'm not sure where you're seeing the menu item "Edit > Add <tag> to Selection". I can't find that in TheBrain 8. Either way, I will add this as a feature suggestion.
zenrain
Here's a screenshot.  c|work is actually a tag thought (I replace the tag image file every time I upgrade because I don't like the default one).

AddThoughtImage.png
macOS 10.14.6
TheBrain 11.0.119
pthompson
Thanks zenrain. I see it now.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software