Visnet
I followed the instructions regarding uninstalling thebrain 9 and reinstalling.
I am testing thebrain on my office PC, and when installing thebrain the process is interupted by Symantec where is quarantines ThebrainUpdateService.exe stating it is a Trojan.Gen.
On my home computer I could just set the virus scanner to ignore it, but this is not possible on my office computer. I think this will need attention?

Thanks,

Wim

*edit* With the help of one of our system administrators Symantec was forced to allow the file. After that I was able to install the downloaded 9.0.113.0 version of theBrain 9.... which is then again telling me to manual update.... which I did already. Am afraid I ended up in a loop? I read here there seems to be a 114 version already, but I cannot find it on the downloads?

mbaas
I had the same issue with the updates. Go to Options>Preferences: "Check for updates on channel" and select "alpha" for the latest releases - "beta" is the "stable beta", IIRC  ;-)
Visnet
Michael,

That did the trick [smile] Other then the false positive, no version problems here.

Thanks!

Wim

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software