dkpalmer
Running 6.0.6.4 on Windows 7 Pro/64.  All my brains converted fine, but I can only add five pins ( for five brains ). The "add" button is greyed out. From the docs, it looks like you should be able to add at least 10.

Is this a configuration issue?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't.
dkpalmer

Just realized it's an issue with an old brain. Newer breains let me add pins.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand Binary and those who don't.
zenrain
Hmm, I just tested and I'm able to add more than five (tested with eight). I first had to open the brain I wanted to add, and then click the Add button.
When I added more than can fit on the screen, it appended a little dropdown arrow at the end of the list.

Are you using Free Core, or Pro? I don't know if there's a limitation of the number of pins you can have based on that, but it's the only other thing I can think of.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
dkpalmer
Thanks. I'm using Pro. What happened was that I tried to pin a brain that had been updated from a much earlier version - I think it was 3. I opened a brain from V5 and the pin option was there. I don't know what the limit is - the doc shows hot keys for up to 10 pins but based on past experience with limits on Brain functions I suspect you can add more than 10.

Gotta say that overall I'm really impressed with V6 and the WebBrain service.
zenrain
Just to clarify, the hot keys are for pinned thoughts at the top of the plex, not for pinned brains in the tool bar.
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
dkpalmer

Thanks. Been using the Brain forever but this version has enough tools and capabilities that I'm starting to use more of the feature/functions to replace other tools I've used.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software