dyslucksia
This is the hidden and still unfixed part of a bug which Harlan graciously acknowledged and fixed (most of) in v5.5.0.6. See my comments here for the background on this.

I want to add only CCC to Selection so I can link it to BBB (the active Thought), without displacing it from this position. Let's pretend there is no room left on the Pin Bar.

Ideally, I would simply Ctrl+Left-click it, but unfortunately this also makes it the active Thought. Maybe they overlooked this when they fixed the bug.

Let's try R-clicking it or Ctrl+R-clicking it. Nope. That opens the context menu but we can go no further. Thankfully it doesn't make CCC active as well, which was the original bug, now fixed. However, it highlights our strong need IMO to have an "Add to selection" option in the Thought context menu:

There does happen to be a less than ideal workaround, which I've posted here.

Thanks for attending to this.
PB 5.5.2.1 on Windows XP, J-1.6.0_17
Moe
Dys, Thanks for the post. In the Reports tab you should be able to Shift + Ctrl + Left mouse click on the Thought you want to add to selection which will not change the current Active Thought.

Best regards,
Moe

dyslucksia
Aha! We seem to have a new undocumented feature. Thanks Moe.
Darkstar

Moe wrote:
Dys, Thanks for the post. In the Reports tab you should be able to Shift + Ctrl + Left mouse click on the Thought you want to add to selection which will not change the current Active Thought.

Best regards,
Moe

Is this new to 5.5.x series, or was it available in prior builds? As this is a very useful tidbit to know.
-Darkstar
dyslucksia
I don't think this occurred in previous versions or builds as jostber would have found it.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software