JAz
Hey all,

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this.  I have a few thoughts where I've pasted an image right into the thought's notes field (not linked to a file on my HD just pasted in, like for example a screencap or image copied from a webpage).

All seemed fine but recently I tried to copy an image in a thought to paste into an email.  All I get in the email is a blank square about the size of the expected image but with no image.  I tried the same pasting into an image editor (in case gmail and/or Thunderbird were the problem) but same behavior.

Anyone else see this and any idea how to fix?

J.

mcaton
The images in Notes are stored locally.  To see the actual location, you can either click on View > HTML View in TheBrain's Notes tab, or click on the Thought tab and click on the button that is a folder icon with the green arrow.  This will take you to the local directory where this graphic is being stored.  Many email apps won't embed a local graphic, so it may need to be added as an attachment.

Thanks,
Matt
JAz
Thanks Matt.  What you're saying makes sense in and of itself but not sure how it applies here.

What I'm referring to is that if I highlight the contents of a Notes box of a Thought then hit copy (either ctrl+c or right-click|copy), move to another application then paste, images will not be pasted.

I've tried MS Word, Wordpad, gmail message, image editor (Photoshop and Irfanview) with same result

If the Notes field were mixed text/images the text will be pasted w/o images.

If only images were in the Notes field it will appear as though you copied nothing.  Like the images never made it to the clipboard.

Text only seems to be no problem.

Your notes may prove useful to me to make a workaround but I'm not sure you're addressing the issue as stated.  Why would selecting an image and copying it not put it on the Windows Clipboard for pasting?

Even if it is stored 'locally', e.g as an object on the hard drive, as you say, the instance displayed  in the control (Notes window) should still be accessible to copy to the clipboard (or some method should transfer the object from HDD to Win clipboard) shouldn't it?

J.

mcaton
J.

You had previously mentioned that you were pasting into email - so this was the focus of our testing.  I tested with several other engineers (copying from other apps such as Word into Gmail) and we received the same results as trying to copy form Brain Notes - the local images are not pasted into the email.

I can, however successfully copy and paste graphics from Brain Notes into MS Word.  Is this one of the apps you had difficulty with?  Could you switch your Brain Notes to HTML View and send me the content?  I'd like to see your code for additional testing.

Thanks,
Matt

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software