wadesmart
Ubuntu 8.04
PB Version 4.5.1.5 with j-1-6.6_06

I was watching one of the video tutorials about dragging and dropping URLS to thoughts. That is a whole lot easier than creating a thought and then adding an attachment of URL to it. I tried dragging a url as it said but what I see is a circle with a line though it above my cursor as I drag it over to the PB. Im using Opera on Ubuntu as Firefox is still so unstable (for me) but that should be an issue - should it?

wade
jostber
Here is a previous thread on this subject:

http://forums.thebrain.com/tool/post/thebrain/vpost?id=2850986&highlight=java

TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
wadesmart
Thanks for that link but Im not sure that helped. Though the link contained what the author said was a work around, a link to the Sun site - the source listed isnt "actually" that. It talks about the problem and shows some code but, there is nothing saying its actually a fix or a work around. There isnt anything saying - this is what you do to fix this.

It shows some code that "may" work.

Wade
wadesmart
Ah, this link, at the end of that link to the brain forum, does show some help -> http://forums.sun.com/thread.jspa?messageID=2834405

but, how do I use this to fix my problem?

Wade
jostber
This java code seems not to have been implemented for PB yet, but we hope it will soon!

wadesmart
Those posts from the Sun site are from 2005. What is holding up getting that code into the product? This is exactly why it is difficult for people who use linux to really go with any windows product. (and what I mean by that is being a windows product first or mainly, not that there is not a varient for another os)

From what I saw the code is very short. What is holding things up? Heck, all people who use linux (with kde or gnome mangers) are having this problem - right?

Wade
wadesmart
I just logged into the forums and somehow click on a post about Opera not being able to drag and drop and the response was the Opera doesnt have standard URL D&D and that the poster should use Firefox. Not realizing I wasnt in the linux section I tried it, with no luck of course. But I thought something had been done about this issue.
tcahill
I just had to post this before I fainted: I just dragged the URL icon from firefox's (3011) address dialog into PB's (Pro 5038) notes editor. and it dropped the URL!

(J-1.6.0_14)

I Dragged and I Dropped!!!! I'm sure this will turn out to be entirely unreproducible.

I'm going to try it again..... Yup. It worked.

Be vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbit.
jostber
This sounds great, but when I tested it I just got some cryptic stuff in Notes with a lot of square brackets and it's friends.

wadesmart
I just tried it too -- cant get it to work.

Ubuntu 9.04
Sun-java6-jre 6-14-0ubuntu1.9.04
FF 3.0.11

Wade

tcahill
tcahill wrote:

I'm going to try it again..... Yup. It worked.

It is still working. Now, how long can I keep my cranky PC running without logging off or re-booting?
tcahill
Hard reset. Power up. Log in. Launch Firefox. Launch PB. Click in Notes app editor window. Click on Firefox. Click and Drag URL icon and drop into PB's notes editor: Priceless.

It's still working.

Also, drag and drop attachment from Properties and Attachments into plex, creates a new thought. (Always a child thought, regardless of drop hight.)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software