randystokes
I have PB 5.0.2.6.  When I launch the program, my main brain opens fine.  However, I can't open any other brain or brainzip.  I've tried opening them from my File menu, and although I get lots of disk activity light action, I don't even get as far as an open dialog box.  I've tried opening a brainzip file from Windows Explorer; if PB is open when I try this, I get more disk activity light activity and I get the PB flash/startup box, but the file never opens, and if I already have PB open when I try this, again, more disk activity, and PB seems to try opening another instance of the program (again, startup screen, plus I get to the window with my main brain listed), but the brainzip never opens.

Again, the program seems fine as long as all I do is launch it and let it open my main brain, but I can't open any other brain or brainzip file.

Help!

BTW, using Windows XP Service Pack 2 on a Dell Inspiron E1705 w/2GB of RAM.

Randy

Moe
Hi Randy, Thank you for the post.  Can you please try opening another Brain or a Brainzip by using the File menu and then directly after you do this close PB and send a copy of your output.log file to support@thebrain.com with a reference to this post.  This file can be located at C:\Program Files\PersonalBrain.  I will then get back to you via email regarding next steps you can take to correct this.

Best regards,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software