DaveSnelling
I can paste a URL to thebrain, but when I click on it and select open it does not open.
Windows 7 64 bit
TB Pro edition 7.0.4.5 July 27 201
Java 1.7.0-21
Firefox 21
Dave Snelling
pthompson
Dave,

Have you made sure that Firefox is your default browser? If you set a different browser as your default browser will the URLs open?
DaveSnelling
Hi Patrick,
I tried making Firefox the default browser, but it didn't change anything.  The URL in PB has a Firefox icon.  The first time I try to open the URL an expanding green circle opens centered on the thought.  I also tried making IE the default browser - that did not help.  I probably should try pasting it from IE.
Dave
DaveSnelling
Hi again Patrick, I pasted the same URL with IE9 (selected as default browser) and now the pasted URL opens opens. Strangely the icon attached to the old link, which still does not work, changed from Firefox to FP - Financial Post the site of the icon. No idea what it all means.
Dave
pthompson
Dave,

It may just mean that your URLs are not caching or updating properly. There are some utility options to try and fix this. Another possibility is that your system's Icon Cache is not displaying correctly, or that your icon cache is corrupted. 

If this is true, you might want to consider rebuilding the Icon Cache to reset and reload the icon images into the icon cache.

The icon cache is located at the hidden system folder location below:

C:\Users\User-Name\AppData\Local\IconCache.db

OPTION ONE

Automatically Rebuild the Icon Cache

1. Download the file below, Rebuild_Icon_Cache.bat

2. Save the file to your desktop, and run it.

3. Click on Run when prompted.

4. Follow the instructions in the command prompt to rebuild the Icon Cache.

5. If the icons are still not displaying properly, then download and merge the ICO option in this tutorial to restore the default associations of .ico (icon) files.

OPTION TWO

To Manually Rebuild the Icon Cache using the Command Prompt

1. Close and save anything that you are working on. This command will kill explorer and restart the computer when completed.

2. Open the Start Menu, and type cmd in the search box and press enter.

3. In the command prompt, Copy and Paste each command line below exactly as is and press enter after each command.

WARNING: The last command will restart the computer, so be sure to close and save anything that you are working on first.

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F

CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local

DEL IconCache.db /a

shutdown /r /f /t 00

4. The IconCache.db file has now been rebuilt.

5. If the icons are still not displaying properly, then download and merge the ICO option in this tutorial to restore the default associations of .ico (icon) files.

Hope this helps.

DaveSnelling
Rebuilding the icons solved the problem Patrick. The Brain now works with Firefox.
Dave

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software