kbunders
I use VLC Media Player to view videos.
I have thoughts that have shortcuts to .avi files.

When I click such a thought, the VLC is not opened to play the video.
Also when I right click the thought and choose 'Open attachment', it doesn't play.

The only solution is using the 'Open with...' option. Then I select VLC Media Player (or any other media player) and it does play...

Anyone else bumped into this issue? Is it a PB issue, or something else?

Cheers,

Koen

Not using TheBrain anymore. Switched to Roam Research.
Moe
Koen, when you open the attachment via "open attachment with", select the program then select "always use the selected program to open this kind of file." .

Best regards,
Moe

kbunders
Thanks for responding Moe. I already tried that. Your suggestion doesn't work. The file type (.avi) is already associated with VLC media player.

If I say 'open with Windows Media Player' and tick the 'Always use ... etc.' option, the video plays. But when I close media player and open the attachment of the thought again, it doesn't play. It doesn't matter what media player I choose, I can only open video's using the 'open with ...' option. It seems like a bug...

Cheers, Koen

Not using TheBrain anymore. Switched to Roam Research.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software