SteveZ
Has anyone else experienced this issue? I can't paste text into a note. I can type text in, but when I use the paste command nothing happens -- actually a space or two is highlighted blue, but no text appears. I've tried clipping text from a web page, as well as pasting plain text copied from TextWrangler. Same result. I am using the current version on my MacBook running Leopard.

Thank you.
Steve
zenrain
Hi Steve,

What version are you using? I'm able to paste plain text (it removes all formatting, it's always seemed to have done that on OSX) on 6.5.1 running Snow Leopard.

Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6
SteveZ
I'm using the latest version, 6.0.5.1, on a MacBook running Leopard, not Snow Leopard.

I also run PB on my Windows XP PC at work and do not have the pasting problem.

Steve
Steve
kolereric

Yes, I experienced exactly this problem today after <20 times of copy/pasting text into different notes (like "actually a space or two is highlighted blue, but no text appears").

My solution was to type at least two characters in the Notes (like typing "ab"), then putting the input slash inside like "a|b", [not "|ab" or "ab|"], and use Crt-V to paste the text from Clipboard, and delete "a" and "b" afterwards. Surprisingly, after that Ctr-V is functioning normal in that Notes Window like nothing happened....

SteveZ

Thank you for the response, so I know I'm not the only one. I tried pasting again this morning and for now it seems to be working okay. Clearly, however, something is amiss. Thanks, again!

Steve
Moe

kolereric,

1. Are you using PB on the Mac as well?

2. Does the issue only occur when you copy and paste from a specific source? If so,
    what is the source you are copying from?

3. From your post it sounds like CTRL-V works to paste into notes but right click
    paste does not. Is that right or have I misinterpreted?

I have been attempting to reproduce this issue by copying and pasting from multiple sources into PB version 6.0.5.1 on both Mac and Windows but have not had any luck so far.

Please enable notes logging in your output.log file using the instructions below then forward us copy of your output.log file to support@thebrain.com referencing this post.

How to enable Notes logging in your output.log file:

1. Right click PersonalBrain in your applications directory then select SHOW
    PACKAGE CONTENTS in the Finder window. Place the attached file 
    "enableNotesLogging" (after unzipping) into the "Contents\Resources\app" 
    folder.

2. Restart PB then reproduce the copy and paste issue.

3. Close down PB then forward us a copy of the output.log file. The output.log file
    can be found in the "Contents\Resources\app" folder (see step 1).

Thanks,
Moe

Moe
Just noticed the "enableNotesLogging" file I attached to the previous post did not make it. Create a file with the name "enableNotesLogging" without an extension. Once you have done that place it in your "Contents\Resources\app" then reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Moe
Shiiko
Can cut and paste html formatted text from a webpage, but I can't paste it as text, using the pulldown "paste-special". 

Also, could create one link to a thought by highlighting a text and inserting hyperlink, then another instance in the same thought I could not insert another hyperlink. 

j1.6.0_21
win7
abashford
I'm experiencing the same problem.

Also running on a Mac with OS X 10.6.4 and PB version 5.5.2.4 Java 1.6.0_22

I can paste the same data fine into other fields (new thoughts, thought labels, etc) but not the notes.
Compton
Same problem. Can't paste into notes. 
kolereric

Came just now to read all your responses. Will try to reproduce and log the issue next week... P.S. to Moe:

1) I'm on Win XP only.

2) problem is probably source unspecific

3) "it sounds like CTRL-V works to paste into notes but right click 
  paste does not. Is that right or have I misinterpreted?"

Yep, you are misinterpreted. If it stops pasting than CTRL-V & Right Click are both not working. Moreover "|ab" + CTRL-V or Right Click or "ab|" + CTRL-V or Right Click are not working. Only  "a|b" + pasting works and at the same time solves the problem for all coming ("next") pasting in the same Note Window. Weird...

Moe
If any of you have PB 5.5.2.4, 6.0.5.0 or a previous release installed, and have updated to the latest release of Java (6 update 22). Please update to 5.5.2.5 or 6.0.5.1 as it contains a fix to an issue which causes PB to fail to start on some machines and Notes on Thoughts to fail to load on others.

We have been testing cut and paste in version 5.5.2.5 and 6.0.5.1 on (Mac, Windows and Linux) but have not been able to reproduce the cut and paste issue indicated by some of you in this thread. We would appreciate if a few of you could capture a copy of your output.log file after reproducing this issue, and either post it or send it into support@thebrain.com so that we can further trouble-shoot. For those of you using PB on Windows, the "enableNotesLogging" file should be placed in the "Program Files\PersonalBrain" folder to turn on notes logging in your output.log file.

Thanks,
Moe
Compton
Could you provide links for the appropriate Java updates? I'm having hard time finding the correct version for OSX. 
abashford
Upgraded to 5.5.2.5 from ..2.4 and it seems to solve the problem for me, thanks! 

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software