gmb1994

Personal Brain won't load after installation. It appears in Task Manager but I never see the splash screen (even after 10+ minutes of waiting).

Here is my (very extensive) work-a-round and has to be done in this order or it won't work.  I have to do this EVERY time I install a new upgrade/update to Personal Brain:

1) Uninstall old version of Personal Brain via Add-Remove Programs
2) Install updated version of Personal Brain
3) Uninstall Java via Add Remove Programs
4) run JavaRa to remove old Java instalations
5) run CCleaner to remove old temp files and bad registry keys
6) Re-install Java
7) usually Personal Brain will now load, if not, I have to repeat 3-6 until it loads

Versions:
Personal Brain: 6.0.3.5
Java: 1.6.0_21

System:
Windows XP Pro SP2
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
3.00 GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 260

gmb1994

For some reason I'm only able to open PB once before I have to go through the steps (I posted above) again.  Any suggestions?

Moe
gmb1994, Thanks for posting. Please reproduce the problem then forward a copy of your output.log file to support@thebrain.com referencing this post. The output.log file can be found in your "Program Files\PersonalBrain" folder on your system.

Thanks,
Moe
gmb1994

Ok, sent

gmb1994
In response to Moe's post @ http://forums.thebrain.com/post?id=4838612

Quote:

gmb1994, Thanks for posting. I looked at some of your previous posts (eg see here) and it looks like you have had issues previously back in 2008. You indicated previously uninstalling and reinstalling Java on your system corrected the problem.

Is the machine you are using now the same machine you had problems on previously?

If you run other Java applications on your system do you encounter similar behavior?

Thanks,
Moe

Ya, this problem caused me to stop using the software.   I decided to try out the latest version to see if it's fixed ... no luck yet.  Yes, it's essentially the same computer except now with an SSD mirrored from the old drive.  I have no problems with any other Java application on this computer.  I have even coded some small apps in Java and had no problems.  I'm not sure where the problem is.  It's an unusual problem because I am able to use PB with no problems the first time it loads.  But if I exit out and try to restart -- it only shows in Task Manager but splash screen never comes up.

Do you use any software wrappers that might conflict with any IDEs?  I have IDEs to code in VB, Python, Java, Assembly and a few other languages.  I have seen conflicts in the past with other apps.

Moe
gmb, Your output.log file has been forwarded to our engineers for analysis. I will keep you posted with the results. Regarding your question about software wrappers, I will have to check on that then get back to you.

Thanks,
Moe
gmb1994

Ok, thanks ... * eagerly awaiting a solution *

gmb1994

still waiting ... any news yet?

Moe
gmb, We have sent you a private email regarding this problem. Perhaps it was filtered into your junk mail.

Thanks,
Moe

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software