Ervinn
It is human nature that we always want more what we get.
The Capture Image feature was a great tool to get, and I am happy with it.
However, I was just thinking, would it be great if I could capture an image into the note window, as well. I don't want to look greedy, but may be there is a easy way.
Ervinn

Quote:

Note too that though the original screen capture was saved as a .png file and is displayed with no image quality loss in Notes, the same image as a Thought icon has lost quality but is still acceptable. Maybe someone who is an image expert can tell us why. Is it possibly because the icon is really a jpg?

I don't know about the quality, but I noticed that if I paste an image to Thtough icon, the size can be big. The icon is stored as a .png file. It can go up to 1Mbyte. When I convert the same image to .jpg, the size wil be 10 times smaller. I just open the .png file with the Windows Paint program and save it as .jpg. Having lots of Thought icon, considerable disk space can be freed up.

bookeater
Quote:
The icon is stored as a .png file. It can go up to 1Mbyte. When I convert the same image to .jpg, the size will be 10 times smaller. I just open the .png file with the Windows Paint program and save it as .jpg. Having lots of Thought icon, considerable disk space can be freed up.

I do agree so much. Some of my pasted files rocketed up to 3mb! Once converted they got back to 100kb. Anyhow I use cumbersome methods of opening thoughts folder and then drag images from firefox into it. The one I like to keep as the thought Icon I remain its name to 'TheBrainIcon' and that's it.
It's horrible way to deal with it but there is no option to allow you to choose into what format (and compression level) paste can be saved.

Quote:
Ervinn, have you considered using JPEG 2000 compression

Jpg 2000 is not loaded by PB as far as I'm concerned.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software