galderson
Hi I just found this strange bug.

When I use Find (and replace) in Notes editor the case of the replacement matches the original word, not the replacement chosen. I've never seen this happen anywhere else, at least not without the option to turn it off.

For example, if I want to replace every occurrence of "carton" with "box" and Notes contains the word "Carton" what I end up with is not "box" but "Box". If Notes contains "CARTON" I end up with "BOX".

I can see how this might be helpful, e.g at the start of a sentence, but is there any way I can turn this off so I get the same case as the replacement term, not the original term? I'm not used to this - it means I have to go back and edit each replacement to get it exactly right.

I'm using verson 5.5.2.1 on Windows.

Thanks for any help.

Geoff Alderson
Moe
Geoff, Thank you for your input. We have compared the search and replace in the Notes editor to that of other applications such as Word and it appears to be following the same format. You are welcome to make any feature suggestions to change this functionality on our Uservoice page http://thebrain.uservoice.com

Best regards,
Moe

galderson
thanks, I didn't realize it was designed that way.
Geoff Alderson

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software