GerSch
My Brain data were stored in C:\Users\Gerwin\TheBrain\TheBrain 10. I changed in the preferences the folder to C:\Users\Gerwin\TheBrain\TheBrain 11, because I thought it was only guilty for my TB 11-test-files, but it seems it is guilty for all my Brains in TB 10 and 11. Where are my brains now, Brain 10 or 11?
mcaton
If you made the change properly, from within TheBrain application (by clicking on Options > Preferences > System tab) then I believe you properly moved your data over to C:\Users\Gerwin\TheBrain\TheBrain 11. Your v10 will be able to find your Brain data here as well.

The only option for you to keep data totally separate in v11 vs. v10 is to use different Brains for each.  Such as one Brain for testing v11 and only opening your existing Brains in v10. This can take a bit of concentration to make sure all of your Brains are closed before switching from 10 to 11 or 11 to 10, but can be done.

I, personally, have committed to v11 and open all my Brains in this version 🙂

Thanks,
Matt

metta
As I understand it, brains created in TB9, TB10 and TB11 are all stored (by default) in the same location -- and they all share the same output log.

When you are logged in, all brains created in these 3 versions should all display in your brain list no matter which version of TheBrain you are running.

However, none of these versions of TheBrain should be launched at the same time.
> Because TB8 was created on a different platform, it can be run at the same time as either v9, v10 or v11.

I don't know if there is an acceptable way to store different brains in different locations. TB Team will have to clarify this.
Harlan
As noted on the download page, we do not recommend going back and forth between 10 and 11. There is no way to have 11 data separate from 10, so if you aren't ready to start using 11, please do not install it.
Regards,
-Harlan
GerSch
After starting V11 the first time I created the first sample brain. Then I changed the storage folder in the settings of V11. When I now start V11 or V10 I can see only a thumbnail of the sample brain, but I can´t open it. 
mcaton
Please make sure you are logged in. Click on the avatar (person icon) in the upper right hand corner of TheBrain.  You should see all of your account information displayed, if not, click on +TheBrain Cloud to open up the log in screen and log into the desktop app.  

Thank you,
Matt
GerSch
After logging in I can see my brain files... ;-)  The test brain I created first with TB11 is still a thumbnail and I can´t open it??
mcaton
Great to hear! Thanks for the update.

This Brain was probably created when you were not logged in. I'll send you some specific instructions that should fix this issue. If they do not, let me know and we can schedule a web meeting for further review.

Thank you,
Matt
GerSch
Hi Matt, have a look in your email inbox. I send you an answer for your solution. Now I´m waiting before I can test TB11... :-)

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software