TotalBalance
When wishing to paste text from a web page into the PB Notes window, is there any way to change the default from "Styled HTM (Embedded)" to "Plain Text".
jostber
Can you use the "Paste special" option under Edit in the Notes menu?
TheBrain 8.0.2.2 Slackware 14.2 KDE 4.10.3 Java 1.8 / (Windows 7)
TotalBalance
That's what I'm having to do now. I'm wanting to change the default so whether I use the "Paste" or "Paste Special" the "Plain Text" is the highlighted default choice.
agnor
If you're using Firefox, you can give the "Copy Plain Text" extension a try.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/134

TotalBalance
Thanks, I'll give the FF extension a try.
TotalBalance
dyslucksia - thanks for the updated list and explanations. Very helpful.
zenrain
dyslucksia, now you are using Autohotkey, you may want to look at using that for converting the clipboard to text. That's how I do it with macro express.
I'm not sure of the coding format in AH, but the premise is you grab the clipboard contents and save them as a variable. Then write that saved variable back to the clipboard and it should have lost all of the additional formatting.

You may look for existing code in their forums. People usually do this so they can create multiple clipboard items. For example, using Macro Express I use ctrl 1-0 to save clipboard text to different variables, and then alt 1-0 for pasting that variable.

For people on a Mac, using Quicksilver or LaunchBar will do the same thing if you use the clipboard history feature (it saves the clipboard contents as plain text).

Hope this helps.

Edit: Macro Express Clipboard Helper
I didn't find pre setup code for AH, but here's the page that goes over clipboard functions, and I found some sample code here, but I'm not quite sure what it does (I'm not familiar enough with the language, sorry)
Windows 7
J-1.6.0_22
--
OSX 10.6.3
Java SE 6

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software