rengel
v. 7.0.2.2
In Notes: Tools|Check Spelling...

The command should be disabled, when there is no text in the notes.
Otherwise die Check Spelling dialog opens shortly and the disappears immediately. Another Message box opens to say 'The spelling check is complete.'
That's nonsense!

Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.
pthompson
rengel,

Thank you for posting. I have confirmed this and will forward this request to the 3rd party company that develops the notes portion of our software.

Regards,
pthompson
Reinhard,

After sending a request to ephox, the 3rd party company that develops the notes portion of our software, they have informed me that the behavior described is expected when the spellcheck tool is run on an empty content area - the same behavior is seen when checking a content item with no spelling errors. When the spell checking tool is triggered a dialog is displayed, this dialog should immediately populate with the first mis-spelled word. When no words are misspelled (or the content is empty) this dialog appears only briefly.

The second dialog (modal) is also part of the spell checking tool. This dialog is displayed whenever the last misspelled word has been corrected, at this time, the spell check is considered complete and the user is notified via a dialog.

In short, what you encountering is a normal feature.
rengel
Patrick,
thank you for the update.
I still maintain, that's strange to have spell checking enabled when there is nothing to spell check. From the standpoint of usability, what ephox does, is not the best solution, because it contradicts the user's expectations. But it's not a big deal. And nothing ist broken.

Regards,
Reinhard

Reinhard, TB 11.0.98.0, WIN 10

Quality is the result of attention paid to details.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software