jiffle
Hi. This is probably a dumb question but... Is there a way to collapse a thought and all of its children, with just a single action, in Expanded View? I'm working on a simple 'hierarchic' brain with no jump thoughts or multiple parents, and wanted to hide some of the larger branches to help me focus on others. However when I click on the thought's collapse button, it disappears but its children remain. I tried selecting the thought and using Crawl Brain and Modify Selection, but then couldn't find a way to collapse the selection. I'm guessing a possibility may be to switch to outline view, do a collapse there, and return but I was hoping there's another way? I've attached three pics by way of example, in my playpen brain where i test things out. One shows the full brain, one shows me about to collapse the Cottage thought, and one shows the result of Collapsing the Cottage thought (by the way, the reason for the strange thought names is because I'd been experimenting with the 'comma' naming feature). What would be the best way to Collapse 'Cottage' and all of its children, bearing in mind that - for the real brain - there could be many more thoughts?

pic0-normal.png 
pic1-uncollapsed.png 
pic2-collapsed.png
pthompson
jiffle,

This is a known bug. The minus (collapse) icon should actually not be showing on any Thought except your active Thought. Our engineers are aware of this and we have it in our system as a tracked bug, but we do not have any ETA on a fix at this time.
jiffle
Ok, thanks Patrick.

Newsletter Signup  Newsletter        Visit TheBrain Blog   Blog       Follow us on Twitter   Twitter       Like Us on Facebook   Facebook         Watch Us on Youtube  YouTube       

TheBrain Mind Map & Mindmapping Software     Download TheBrain Mind Mapping Software